How do I adjust Trim Pots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I adjust Trim Pots?

I've got a EH Nano Clone chorus pedal. It's as simple as any chorus could be, and I'm mostly happy with it's performance. I've read it reviews that adjusting the trim pots can make it sound even better. I've opened up the pedal and I saw the trim pots, I just don't know how to adjust them.
    Gear:
    Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
    Epi Dot Natural
    Partscaster blackie
    Breedlove Passport Mahogany
    VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
    Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Re: How do I adjust Trim Pots?

Most have a small opening in the center with a groove for a micro screwdriver. Most are straight slot but there are also Phillips.

Comment

I wouldn't touch them on a chorus pedal as on some, unless you have an osciliscope, you won't be able to get the pedal back to operating correctly if you mess with them. Such is the case with most Boss pedals. They come factory set to the correct specs and aren't meant to be adjusted.

Trying to get the Bias or Clock trims back to spec by ear is very difficult. Same goes for most Delay pedals, people try to tweak the trimmer to get a little more delay time and totally screw up the pedal

Not sure about your EHX but keep it in mind. Typically if its meant to be user adjusted they mention it and lable the pots as such, the MXR Carbon Copy for example has trimmers for the mod rate and depth inside and its meant to be adjusted.
      -Burny Randy Rhoads LP Custom- C5/59 Hybrid Bridge/Fernades Vh-1 PAF neck
      -Epi Goldtop - Custom Shop Mike Ness p90's
      -Epi Masterbilt AJ500R rosewood
      -Fender Classic Player 60's strat CS 69'

-Gretsch Black Phoenix - TV Jones Classics
      -Danelectro Dano Pro Baritone

Comment

Millsart's right; leave them alone.
        You all became so much smarter and more mature when I turned off sigs and avatars! Wow, it's like magic!
        DATA, NOT DISCUSSION

Comment

The trim pot varies the amount of gain coming out of a transistor.

You can do it by ear and get it close but to get it perfect you need a digital multimeter.

You can grab one at radioshack pretty cheap.

Your first need to know what voltage is meant to be coming from the transistor.
          By changing the trimpots setting with a screwdriver then check the voltage at
          the drain pin of the transistor.

By ear you will know the voltage is too low because your guitar signal will putter out.

Too high and you will get feedback and tons of noise from your amp.

Comment

got it, thanks guys
            Gear:
            Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
            Epi Dot Natural
            Partscaster blackie
            Breedlove Passport Mahogany
            VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
            Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

Working...
            X