Bugera 1990, jcm 900 copycat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bugera 1990, jcm 900 copycat

My advice to you is to stay away from ANYTHING inside the amp unless you ABSOLUTELY know what you're doing until someone who gets paid to do it shows you how. Even if it's off, it can still kill you.

Comment

I didn't know they made a jcm900 clone, interesting.

I wish they'd make a (series 1) valvestate clone. the originals sound great but typically have issues that cost more to fix than the amps are worth.

ooo, just went to the website - I want me a V5!
      Last edited by DankStar; 12-18-2009, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevincharles View Post
        you know, i just noticed a "bias adjust" knob next to the power tubes... hmmmm maybe i can find a manual. i bought it used and the guy tossed it.
        Here you go but heed the previous advise given.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
        Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
        Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
        Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
          IMO Marshalls and their clones, be them boutique or el cheapo, sound like crap with 5881s or 6L6s... EL34s all the way.

Unfortunately, there´s no real way to retube the pre and power sections without having the retube run about 100$ incl. rebiasing. Unless you´re using cheap, unmatched tubes. However, as much as I hate Bugera and Behringer for their reverse engineered knockoffs and love hearing stories about their failure in critical situations, even they don´t deserve to be tortured in that way. Better to throw the amp off a building instead.

Side note / personal recommendation: IMO the Backup amp has to be even more robust and reliable than the main amp, as it is essentially the "failsafe" for tours and recording. I personally would want something that makes a good Marshall look like a flimsy Bugera and not the other way around... Just my 2 cents
          I'm with you Zerb!. I think Uli Behringer is incapable of any original thought. He and his Chinese "partners" are a perfect match for each other but are terrible for the musician's community and the innovative companies they rip off on a continual basis. If people would stop buying this sh*t, it would close him down or make him change his business ethics (probably not).

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
          Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
          Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
          Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

We should all stop stealing home designs as well. Bad ethics.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevincharles View Post
              just bought one yesterday as a back up head. sounds awesome. 120 watts. and it pushes 4 5881'd really hard. ESPECIALLY for 300 dollars.

anyway, the guy i bought it from asked me what "ahhmage" my cab was when i tested it....
              yes... "ahhmage". he said a non-existent word wrong. hahaha i couldnt help but laugh out loud. He still sold me the head and noe its his loss. becasue its a steal.

MY REAL REASON FOR THIS THREAD:

it runs 5881 power tubes and ec83 preamp tubes. I havent delt with either before. i want a tube that will sound raw, and powerful. and i dont feel like spending over 100 for a retube if i dont have to.

any suggestions?
              For a 1990 get jj e34 l. Not el 34s e34 l power tubes and jj ecc83 pre amp tubes and a jj rectifier tube jj jjec 84 i beleive google that and that amp will rock so hard
              m

Comment

Dont let no one bash that amp thats a badd ass amp. My gear bugera 1990 eleven rack johnson jay station furman power conditioner beringer exciter old school rack mount style yamaha g50. Pimped out with jj tubes

Comment

Working...
                X