banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

general differences between 12a*7 and 5751 tubes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: general differences between 12a*7 and 5751 tubes?

I just put an old 1961 GE 5751 in my Mesa Blue Angel's reverb position...the tail is longer, and less 'boingy' which is wonderful.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I just put an old 1961 GE 5751 in my Mesa Blue Angel's reverb position...the tail is longer, and less 'boingy' which is wonderful.
      Thats interesting, I must admit that I am guilty of putting whatever tube I have on hand in the reverb driver slot cause its not a gain stage and doesnt matter. But I will have to play with this idea a bit.
      "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
      you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

I have an old RCA 5751 in V1 of my OR15. It tamed the fizz a bit when the gain is run high, and the power section gets a bit more od when I turn it up. It still has more gain than I could use, but it definitely sounds better.
        - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
        Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
        The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Working...
        X