This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JC-120 chorus without the JC-120?

Looking for a pedal that gets the JC-120 chorus sound...
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Re: JC-120 chorus without the JC-120?

Wouldn't that be the Old Boss CE-1?

EDIT: Yep, CE-1 is the same chorus circuit as that in the JC-120...

Last edited by Low_fidelity2100; 03-28-2011, 06:37 PM.
    www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
    I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

The Boss CE-3 sounds like that from what i understand, i have it & it has that Metallica clean sound & they used the JC-120 so maybe give that a go.

Comment

Ce-2.

Comment

I think the CE-3 would be more like it the CE-2 is cool but has a lift in the midrange, i really think the CE-3 is way better.
          Last edited by Mosher Zone; 03-28-2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Having had a JC, a ce 2 and a ce 3 i reckon i can help out.
            Definitely not the Ce3 - modded or un modded it is just less thick and lush. MOre hi fi tho if you mod it.
            Ce2 is better - thicker and warmer. Nice.
            Personally, i dont like thge sound of the jc amp, but i do have to admit that both the chorus and the reverbs on them are lush. Actually, i reckon the chorus sound on the amp is maybe my favourite chourus tone.
            A modern pedal that should get you there is the voodoo labs analog chorus. Its a clone of the ce1 but with true bypass. Failing that...the MXR big yellow chorus thing can do huge and lush warm swirly stuff and keep your bottom end intact. Actually, i reckon that one is a good option - prolly better than the JC's built in chorus.
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Therre is very little that seperates the CE-3 from the CE-2.....
              For the JC....CE-1.

Comment

Yep, the CE-1 is the JC chorus sound. Definitely not the CE-2 or anything later, they dominate the overall sound too much. Best clone of a CE-1 out there is the Retro-Sonic Chorus.

Cheers....................................... wahwah
                Highway Star
                Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                Mistreated
                Cause We Ended As Lovers
                Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
                Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

someone wanting to play early cure covers? :P
                  Lister: I am your god!
                  Cat: ( points at food ) If you're god, turn this into a woman!

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
                  i don't want to shoot at a guy holding my Les Paul, but I'd gladly shoot through a Fernandes that I paid $250 for.

Comment

i find theres a big difference between the ce2 and 3.im not talking about the stereo funtion either...the ce2 sounds fatter and thicker. Put them side by side and theres quite a big difference to my ears.
                    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                      i find theres a big difference between the ce2 and 3.im not talking about the stereo funtion either...the ce2 sounds fatter and thicker. Put them side by side and theres quite a big difference to my ears.
                      Mine too.

Comment

Yeah but I tell you once again, the difference is small...small modifications to get the same sound.
                        Then again for jc tones.....get the old ce-1....

Comment

Id be keen to know what i have to change to make my ce3 sound as thick as the ce2....can you help me out? Ive already done a kit mod on it, and while it sounded clearer and could go faster, it still did not sound as good as the stock ce2. If you know component numbers and values to get the ce2 sound i would be in your debt.
                          Last edited by Chickenwings; 03-29-2011, 05:16 PM.
                          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I have a Voodoo Labs Analog Chorus that can get extremely close to the JC sound. My biggest gripe is the boost in volume you get from it.

Comment

Not a total conversion, that you will have to look for the schematics for, and you will notice that the difference ain't big......
                              I have both, they are almost identical in sound now....not done fooling around just yet, but I'll give you a shot of it when I am done....right now Frankfurt is breathing down our necks.......stupid time of the year really....and we go to a hold for a few weeks because of that...

Comment

Working...
                              X