Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foot switch problems

Hi,

I have an Ampeg Super Rocket (100W 2x12 combo with reverb and tremolo), but I don't have the proper three-button, two-jack foot switch. This switch has one stereo jack and cable for channel switching and reverb on/off, and one mono jack and cable for tremolo on/off. The amp has two foot switch jacks to accept the two cables from the switch.

I do, however, have an extra AFP-2 two-button foot switch for my Reverberocket head. This has a stereo jack and cable, for channel switching and reverb on/off. (The Reverberocket does not have tremolo.)

I can live without a switch for the tremolo, as I always leave it on a tiny bit. So I figured the AFP-2 ought to work on the Super Rocket to switch channels and turn the reverb on or off.

But the amp is acting really oddly with the AFP-2 attached. The tone and volume change noticeably when I plug in the switch. And I have almost no reverb, which is odd for an Ampeg. My other Ampegs will drench the tone with reverb no problem.

I've tried both settings on the manual channel switch, and I've tried both of my AFP-2's, and made sure that they both have the proper stereo cables. I've opened up the switches and found nothing obviously amiss.

The AFP-3 is still available new for $70 (though it does not come with LEDs like it used to), but I see no reason why the AFP-2 should not work.

Any thoughts on this before I take it in?

Does this amp perhaps need both cables plugged in in order for the foot switch to work properly?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.
Working...
X