Plush Cream Revie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plush Cream Revie

My Plush Cream pedal arrived a few weeks ago so I figure I'm familiar with it enough now to post a review. I have been using it with a Marshall 50w head, Two-Rock, and Engl Raider. I really love this pedal. It's different from a tube screamer and has a really nice, smooth, harmonic distortion.

The first thing I noticed about this pedal is that it has significantly more drive than the Plush Drive, than a Tube Screamer, and than my Maxon OD820. It gets pretty gainy and I love that because it is so much more versatile than the typical light overdrive. It's not as dark and compressed as the Plush Drive. I love the Plush Drive too, but I like it mostly after an overdrive pedal so I can get a really saturated, smooth gain. The Cream, however, can get me some of that kind of tone or a bright tube screamer sort of tone.

The controls work really well throughout the range and doesn't necessarily have sweet spots. It's a contrast to the Plush Valve Job and Plush Drive (Valve Job without the tube) which have only a few useful settings. Like I mentioned, I used it on a variety of amps (EL34, 6V6, 6L6). It takes on the amps character and just sounds amazing all around.

I used it in front of my Valve Job on my Marshall and was able to get a very good Eric Johnson tone. I was able to get enough gain for touch sensitivity and sustain, and it smoothed out the graininess of EL34's. With a little added delay from my M9, I was doing the EJ/Bonamassa thing every day.

They're expensive pedals but I am very satisfied with them. I have the Cream and the Valve Job, but want to also get the Plush Drive too since it has a bit more workable range than the Valve Job. You guys should give Fuchs pedals a try.
Working...
X