MXR M222 Talk Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR M222 Talk Box

I have always been a fan of the talk box so I dived in with both feet and picked up a MXR M222 Talk Box. I just took it out of the box and plan on taking it for a run around the block when the house is empty tomorrow. At first blush it is a bit bigger than I expected (I should have looked at the specs). Does any one have any tips or trick for using one of these babies? I figure it will be like using a wah-wah but using your vocal chords instead of your foot.

Re: MXR M222 Talk Box

Just throw this on...

...plug in, turn on, jam out.
    Originally posted by DreX
    Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
    The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
    There's no substance to anything I have posted.
    Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
    I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

its cool how the m222 has its own amp and driver. I didn't know they made one like that.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I want!!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
          its cool how the m222 has its own amp and driver. I didn't know they made one like that.
          The amp sounds great. The overdrive/gain is thick and it is nice to be able to control the tone. The harmonics and response is very "British" like. So far I am having a blast with it and I haven't even hooked it up to a PA or amp yet. I am thinking of running it with my Fender Excelsior through the mic input.

Comment

Is this similar to the Rocktron Banshee in that it has it's own amp and doesn't have to be run between amp and speaker?

Comment

I have been playing this jem with the talkbox. I am loving the MXR M222

Comment

Originally posted by Brow View Post
                Is this similar to the Rocktron Banshee in that it has it's own amp and doesn't have to be run between amp and speaker?
                It has its own amp but the banshee has a mic in it also. The Banshee was prone to feedback and had a horrible tone. The M222 has to be used with a mic and PA but sounds 10x better than the banshee or maybe even the Heil. The gain and tone controls are a big plus.

Comment

So I sold my MXR M222 about 4 years ago and now I need a talkbox again because the band is playing Sweet Emotion. I can do it with a wah and it sounds "OK" but I am a hardcore Aerosmith fan and want to do the song justice. Lesson learned if you are not using a piece of gear pack it up nicely and put it in the basement. The new MXR M222 is on the way.

Comment

What goes around, comes around.
                    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                      What goes around, comes around.
                      Yep never should have sold it. Sweet Emotion sounded great you couldn't wipe the smile off my bandmates faces. I also used it on Paint it Black for the sitar part and it was awesome. I was able to control that sitar type vibrato manually. Was pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                      X