Budda amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Budda amps

I want to make a deal with the devil. Guitar center nearby has a Superdrive 45 1x12 combo for 729. Peavey, but so what? It sounds freaking god like. Do it? I got some **** I can trade in to make it less of a dent on my credit card.
    I don't even play anymore, really. Just the occasional blues jam. I used to be a pro level player in the 90's. Been playing 38 years. I think a new amp will get me back into the swing of things. I quit playing bands after I started DJ'ing in a strip club. Way more money, but unfortunately after 9 hours on the mic, I feel like I just got done with a realllllly long gig on the mic/guitar. I just wanna have a beer once I'm out of the booth. Weird.
    But from what I've seen this is a helluva deal. What do you guys think?

Comment

An amp can be an inspiring thing, but it's not a panacea, and not worth going into hock over.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Anyone have an AS Preceptor? That one definitely for hard rock and more. Think the Bully is too.
        Jackson Soloist/EMG 81,85
        Ibanez Artist/GL Screamin Demon BR, Ibanez N
        Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul/EMG 81,85

Mostly Metal, Mostly Heavy, 35 years

Comment

Originally posted by Bignasty View Post
          I want to make a deal with the devil. Guitar center nearby has a Superdrive 45 1x12 combo for 729. Peavey, but so what? It sounds freaking god like. Do it? I got some **** I can trade in to make it less of a dent on my credit card.
          I don't even play anymore, really. Just the occasional blues jam. I used to be a pro level player in the 90's. Been playing 38 years. I think a new amp will get me back into the swing of things. I quit playing bands after I started DJ'ing in a strip club. Way more money, but unfortunately after 9 hours on the mic, I feel like I just got done with a realllllly long gig on the mic/guitar. I just wanna have a beer once I'm out of the booth. Weird.
          But from what I've seen this is a helluva deal. What do you guys think?
          Djing in a strip club... what a great job!! I wish I could get my playing to a level where I could gig. I cant imagine not wanting to play anymore.

Originally posted by Wormhelmet View Post
          Anyone have an AS Preceptor? That one definitely for hard rock and more. Think the Bully is too.
          Exactly! First thing that came to mind when someone said they arent for metal. Ive never had the chance to play a budda (tho my gut makes me resemble Budda) But some of the tones Ive heard from them are unreal! Have seen several vids on youtube of diff ones. The only one I can name right now is a clip of Leslie West ripping thru one and WOW..
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
            Djing in a strip club... what a great job!! I wish I could get my playing to a level where I could gig. I cant imagine not wanting to play anymore.

Exactly! First thing that came to mind when someone said they arent for metal. Ive never had the chance to play a budda (tho my gut makes me resemble Budda) But some of the tones Ive heard from them are unreal! Have seen several vids on youtube of diff ones. The only one I can name right now is a clip of Leslie West ripping thru one and WOW..
            Yeah that's a super drive. The new Alex Skolnick model is pretty metal, I'm sure lol.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi, I have just bought a second hand Budda 45 special head for £650 plus £50 for case. If not the best amp I have ever played its certainly the best amp I have owned. Have owned just about every amp out there from Fender EC Twinolux, Blackface, Supersonic, Marshall EL34/ JMP1, Mesa's, Two Rock, Vox Hand Wired etc. These Budda amps are diamonds. Incredibly touch sensitive, beautifull warm clean and gorgeous responsive OD channel. Loud as feck for a 45 w. Every guitar sounds fab through it from Single Coils to Humbuckers.

Been playing semi pro and pro for 45 years and cant wait to get home and play this thing. Was doing a gig recently (my first with the BuddA) and my pedal board failed (dodgy lead). Had to do the whole gig without ANY effect or OD pedal. The Budda was sensational, big 3 D sound esp on instrumentals (Sleepwalk etc) . It actually had me on border line of never using any pedals again, but we do covers and need them for Ace (Phaser), Pink Floyd etc.

If you can get one of these incredible players amps , snatch them up. Mine is an early one (serieal number 90) and would be happy to get rid of all my other amps and purchase a few more Budda (esp smaller ones).

They are a players amp. If you play dynamic (soft and hard picking) and use the volume control for controling OD to clean this is the amp for you.

Over the moon with the Budda and it sounds great for country, Chet Atkins, Smooth Jazz, Classic Rock, Blues and even Rockabilly. Lots of videos out there but they are mainly made by metal, hard rock players. They def dont show off how awesome this amp is clean and light OD.

Every pedal (esp Brent Mason Hot Wired) saounds fantastic. Great Fx loop too, I have the Strymon Mobius and Delay and Reverb in it.

One the very best Boutique amps out there at great prices.

Comment

Buy it , best amp I have ever owned and played. Just incredible. Sewe my other post

Comment

budda amps are great alright. almost never see them around here though

Comment

I used to own a Superdrive 80 head that I boosted which turned it into a fire breathing monster. My ears are still bleeding from the scheer volume that thing put out. Traded it for a Pittbull Ultralead...
                    Last edited by Van Noord; 11-22-2017, 10:20 AM.
                    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

what didnt you like about it?

Comment

Nothing really, other than the intense volume and poor sweep of the master volume. I was not in a gigging band at that time so didn't need that kind of volume.
                        I've since sold the VHT and would like to still have the SD80.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

gotcha. the loudness seems to be a common complaint

Comment

Working...
                          X