banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peavey Valveking...did they always do this stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peavey Valveking...did they always do this stuff?

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
    Wasnt the Windsor thing supposed to be the "big" budget head, with the smaller chinese 6505 versions filling out the rest of the economy segment?
    Maybe we'll get a Classic 50 head again.

Comment

Once you find the sound...you will love it forever. I used mostly the clean channel and add OD. Love be this amp!

Comment

Wanted to chime in and share my thoughts on the Valveking 20MH.

I'm no touring guitar player, but I majored in jazz guitar. I needed an amp with the following features:

- Tube amp with 2 channels
        - Decent gain
        - Send/Return
        - Being able to play silently
        - Being able to record easily
        - Budget was limited

I love to know every option available so I looked up for all the amps that would fill these requirements. I contemplated the H&K Tubemeister 18 for a long time, and I guess it's a very good amp, but I'm from Canada and people sell those for price which is way to high right now (between $500 and $800 CAD), which brings me in Orange lunchbox territory, but without all the features I needed. I was looking at Andertons videos and saw Rob Chapman's Valveking 20MH review, I was sold.

Contrarily to some here who seem to have no budget and smashes to pieces anything and/or everything if it isn't perfect, I love good value products. Is the VK 20MH perfect? Absolutely not. I wish I had even more gain (but then I could have got a 6505MH, choose the VK for its tone range), the fact that it comes with no footswitch and needs two to access all the footswitchable settings (ch select, boost, reverb, S/R) are a bummer.

BUT. I got mine for about $220 USD. It's the perfect practicing and home recording amp. It's a rock machine: I could instantly dial tones that ranged from metalcore to nice and warm cleans. I plugged the USB in my laptop and boom, could record to Logic. Many said they hate the VK's reverb and that it has a simmering sound... Well it may only be me but I absolutely love it and it works particularly well with the clean channel.

It looks awesome. I'm still looking for a 212 cab, but this thing begs to be combined with a Marshall cab.

Class A/AB switching is really useful and get you a greater tonal range.

So, is this the "perfect amp to buy"? Not by a mile. But is it the perfect amp to buy for practicing at home and record silently for way less than the competition while still possessing a valve amp? Heck yeah!

Comment

I'm sure its been asked before
          whats the difference between VK and VKII
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
          X