banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any famous guitarists use the Marshall JCM2000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do any famous guitarists use the Marshall JCM2000?

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    Not so sure about that. Some of the greatest recordings ever produced were made in the days before "studio magic". We have more recording tools and power on our phones than Abbey Road had when Sgt Peppers was recorded.
    Real "studio magic" wasn't done with computer chips, it was done with mic placement/ blending, tinkering with gear, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
      Real "studio magic" wasn't done with computer chips, it was done with mic placement/ blending, tinkering with gear, etc.
      My point exactly. That being said you needed a good tone going in to give the engineer something to work with. If the tone was bad upfront, there was nothing post production was going to do to save it. The ability to shape, sculpt and configure a signal they way we do today was a distant dream. When I listen to an old Yardbirds album, I know what I am hearing is 99.9% Jeff Beck.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
        and also that totally "outdated" thing we called tape, which has some true magic itself

Comment

Working...
        X