The return of Sound City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The return of Sound City

I want one. Don't ask me why, I just do.

Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Re: The return of Sound City

Yeah, it's a brand marketing ploy, but put me down for for six heads and six slant cabs! LOL. Why?
    Because they'll last two years, and only a handfull will be available 6 years from now.
    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 07-01-2016, 10:05 PM.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

If they are doing this properly there wont be any slant cabs.

I cant see there being a massive demand for them but good to see them back. Interested to see the new Sound City Fanes for sure.
      www.bygonetones.com

Comment

Anybody ever get their hands on one of the new ones?
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Sounds Pretty

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
            Sounds Pretty
            Sorta like the old nick name we had for those with rimed with pretty but started with a S. Some sounded pretty good many though sounded pretty Sh---. Local shop here in Birmingham had a bunch of them at one time was not impressed. Here is hoping those are more consistent and better.
            Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
              Sorta like the old nick name we had for those with rimed with pretty but started with a S. Some sounded pretty good many though sounded pretty Sh---. Local shop here in Birmingham had a bunch of them at one time was not impressed. Here is hoping those are more consistent and better.
              Not all original Sound City amps were created equal. The early ones up through the Mark III I believe are basically Hiwatts, if not built quite as well. They're really rare in the US and I've only ever seen one or two of them. The later Mark IV Sound City amps are much more common, and I absolutely agree with you as far as how they sound. The ones I've played were really bright and had an almost solid state clean tone, while overdrive was harsh and fizzy.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                Not all original Sound City amps were created equal. The early ones up through the Mark III I believe are basically Hiwatts, if not built quite as well. They're really rare in the US and I've only ever seen one or two of them. The later Mark IV Sound City amps are much more common, and I absolutely agree with you as far as how they sound. The ones I've played were really bright and had an almost solid state clean tone, while overdrive was harsh and fizzy.
                Agreed!! It was several of the MK IV amps the local shop had and those really did sound pretty Sh$%$y!!
                Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
                X