NAD Orange Soda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD Orange Soda

Opened up my birthday gift from the family today......Click image for larger version

Name:	orange 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	5841209Click image for larger version

Name:	orange 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	5841210
    sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Re: NAD Orange Soda

jan/ge 5751 will really open that thing up!

Happy Birfday
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
      jan/ge 5751 will really open that thing up!

Happy Birfday
      Thanks...What exactly will that pre amp tube do to the tonal spectrum of this thing? Im not familiar with alot of tubes.

Comment

they are very dark and super gainy to the point of mush with the JJ that comes stock. the jan 5751 has slightly less gain, is tighter, smoother and clearer. the amp will still have lots of gain but the eq knob will be more functional and the amp will sound less soupy/congested.

a exh 12ax7 also works well.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

+1 on the GE/Jan 5751 I just swapped the 12AX7 in my Blackstar HT-5RH for one of those because the dirty channel was just too much for my taste (going metal at 11 o'clock) and it has made the whole thing so much more usable! Now I get bluesy distort til about 10 o'clock. Also my clean channel is a lot sweeter. I don't mind the volume drop at all since the whole reason for getting a 5W amp was to be quiet - I am in the pre-beginner phase of learning and my neighbours have sensitive ears, which probably will be the case with your Micro Terror (been drooling for one of those even though still cannot play a lick for my life haha). Give it a try. Lots of NOS tubes to be had at decent prices and they last way longer in addition to sounding better. I got 3 for $45 + delivery, years 66-67.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Im EXTREMELY impressed with this tiny power house....It's small enough it can be placed on my board if i ever wanted to do that...It takes all the shown pedals very well without any trouble.. This just puts this amp into perspective as to how small it actually is...

Click image for larger version

Name:	PEDAL BOARD.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	5793557

Comment

Happy Birthday! Congrats on a cool new amp and cool family! LOL!! cool that you can put it on the board like that!!
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

It can fit in your purse man!

All joking aside, I've heard great things about those amps.
                Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                Line 6 Helix
                Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Coolness, love mine
                  My Bands -
                  https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                  www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                  www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                  GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I've heard lots of good things about them too.

Particularly that they are pretty loud. Through a 4x12 they pump enough volume to hear yourself on stage apparently and then mic it for the rest of the venue. Perfect backup amp in case your main one dies mid gig.

In the past, I've not been a fan of Orange, but I've been considering one of these as a second amp.

Comment

Just had a brainstorm for a second rig or to build onto the Egnater rig.

My Marshall 2x12 cab can be used in stereo at 16 ohms. I wonder how twin micro terrors, or a micro terror and a micro dark together into this cab would sound?

Comment

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
                        Just had a brainstorm for a second rig or to build onto the Egnater rig.

My Marshall 2x12 cab can be used in stereo at 16 ohms. I wonder how twin micro terrors, or a micro terror and a micro dark together into this cab would sound?
                        Worth a shot i'd say. With the micro darks extra gain, i'd say try it.

Comment

Working...
                        X