No announcement yet.

what's your best amp for your bedroom ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: what's your best amp for your bedroom ?

Originally posted by Godin15 View Post
    Blackstar Fly 3 a great little bedroom amp.
    Batteries last forever, and I like how you can put it anywhere you want in the house. Wish it had some more gain however.

Comment

This is currently in the mail should be here Thursday December 7th. I'll be playing it through a Mesa 412.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
      ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
      ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

^Let me know how you like that. I was torn between that and the RD1. Ended up getting the Randall, but the Blackstar makes me curious still.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
          ^Let me know how you like that. I was torn between that and the RD1. Ended up getting the Randall, but the Blackstar makes me curious still.
          Will do! I would have liked either the RD1 or 5 myself, but the newer Randall stuff is really hard to source up here in Canuckland.

Comment

Mesa Mark V. Switchable wattage down to 10 watts and a master volume.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
              Well it arrived on Friday at noon and I had it sold today by 3 locally. I was quickly reminded as to why I ended up selling my HT5 years ago.
              There is just something about the attack on BlackStar amps that I don't like. Not only or just the sound, but the feel. It reminds me a lot of how Oranges react when I play them. (Not a fan) like there's some sort of soft cushion when I dig in or a minuscule delay. It's really hard to explain.

I also really dislike the ISF control it still confuses the hell out of me. I understand what they claim it does I just hear the exact opposite. To me the US side sounds like it has cranked mids yet very hollow sounding and the UK side sounds mid scooped with increased lows. By BlackStar's definition I should be hearing the complete opposite. It's very strange.
              Setting the ISF to halfway just creates a very confusing tone like the two sides of the voicings are fighting each other and creating an unknown unlikable tone.

The amp had a lot of gain for sure, and it was chalk-full of lowend, but it really needs a tone shaping dial rather than the onboard reverb dial because I just couldn't add the proper amount of bite that I wanted so the distortion always sounded cloudy. Oh well I sold it for more than I paid and the small amp search continues. Maybe I'll try a Joyo ZoMBie or VIVO...
              Last edited by Van Noord; 12-09-2017, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Aw, it sucks that you didn't gel with it. I know you said the Randalls are hard to get ahold of, but if you can get one, I definitely recommend them. I used to have the RD5 combo which I had turned into a head, and now I have the RD1. Out of the two, I like the RD1 much better, TBH. It's a nice amp.

Comment

My Marshall DSL100H All Tube Amp with the Marshall MX 412A cabinet ( Half Stack )

Last edited by Kenny821; 03-22-2018, 09:03 PM.
                  '97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard
                  '17 G&L USA Jerry Cantrell Signature Rampage
                  Marshall DSL100H Head
                  Marshall MX 412A Cabinet
                  DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
                  Gibson Les Paul Pure Nickel Strings .009 - .042
                  Dunlop Electrics Strings .010 - .046

Comment

For me it’s my Fender Mustang III modeling amp which came with a 12” Celestion.

Didn’t take long before I stopped playing my 50’s and 60’s Fenders and packed all of my pedals up and put them in storage.

The Mustang is just more fun at low bedroom volumes and sounds great onstage too.
                    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

I was at GC yesterday and played every desktop and small watt tube amp I could find. Brought home a Katana 100. Hands down the best bang for the buck. $350 new.
                      I was hell bent on a 4 watt VOX with a 12” speaker. Thought it would look good next to my AC 30. I didn’t care for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The little Vox Valvetronix amps are great for around the house/bedroom
                        My Bands -
                        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I think the SL5 comes with a 12" celestion. That's great.

I think my Marshall half stack jube is quiet enough. I'd splurge on a 2x12 but don't have a need for it now.

Comment

The thr10c is my small amp. It sounds pretty authentic and has nice retro sounding effects too.
                            I just love the way that I can stash it away on the shelf of my cd cabinet.
                            Using the editing software gives great access to hidden features like speaker emulation, noise gate and compressor (this is the stepping stone to getting more gain and realizing the amps full potential).
                            With its aux input and stereo spread it works well with mps players too!
                            The only drawback is the lack of a footswitch for channel changing but, at the end of the day, less time arsing around with different sounds means more time for playing!

EDIT..................I tried the blackstar ID 15 TVP in the store today and it blew me away! Bought it on the spot.
                            Great power tube modelling with basic great sounding effects ....... footswitchable too

Anyone in Cardiff UK looking for a THR10 c as new in its box?
                            Last edited by evan47; 01-06-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X