banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laney VH100R settings with Telecaster Deluxe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney VH100R settings with Telecaster Deluxe?

Hi, I need to find the right settings for Laney VH100R (6l6 inside, Orange cab) for a post-metal/doom, loose, thick sound. I'm using a Telecaster Deluxe with humbuckers.

So a bright amp and a bright guitar, works great for melodies in the higher register but I find it hard to dial out the harshness/excessive brightness to get the sound I want. If anyone has experience with Laney + Tele, I'd be grateful for any seetings recommentations!

As a reference I'm sending the single from my band's upcoming album, my parts were recorded on the Telecaster, but on a studio Dual Rectifier instead of the Laney.

Listen to full album at https://theskyis.bandcamp.com/FB: https://www.facebook.com/THESKYISmusic/

Cheers

Re: Laney VH100R settings with Telecaster Deluxe?

Those vh/gh amps can get harsh if the gain is turned up above 5 & drive is engaged as well with the master volume around 1.5 on the dial. Best option would be a combo of EQ pedal in the loop of the second channel and a darker od or distortion pedal in place of the switchable drive/boost on the second channel.

The eq controls on that amp are good but not great to completely rely on. Another option is to add some jj ecc83s tubes to the preamp section. Also long coily cables can help take some brightness off from the tele.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
      Those vh/gh amps can get harsh if the gain is turned up above 5 & drive is engaged as well with the master volume around 1.5 on the dial. Best option would be a combo of EQ pedal in the loop of the second channel and a darker od or distortion pedal in place of the switchable drive/boost on the second channel.

The eq controls on that amp are good but not great to completely rely on. Another option is to add some jj ecc83s tubes to the preamp section. Also long coily cables can help take some brightness off from the tele.
      Thanks, I'll try that out!

Comment

Bump - I'm still struggling to dial out the brightness/harshness. Any more input would be welcome if anyone has some experiences to share! I'm actually starting to wonder whether tele deluxe is the right guitar for this amp...

Comment

Is it a "real" Deluxe or a repro with non-CuNiFe polepieces? Originals are VERY bright. I'm not saying you can't use that guitar, just be prepared to dial it out somehow.
          Originally posted by King Buzzo
          I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
            Is it a "real" Deluxe or a repro with non-CuNiFe polepieces? Originals are VERY bright. I'm not saying you can't use that guitar, just be prepared to dial it out somehow.
            It's aTelecatser Deluxe FSR, made in Mexico, made around 2010 so it's a reissue. Not an old, vintage instrument if that's what you ask. It is very bright too though, so I'm wrestling with a bright amp AND a bright guitar.

Comment

Working...
            X