Mesa Stiletto cleans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mesa Stiletto cleans...

Here is a recent pic from the Autograph/Lita Ford show - Steve Dallas & Mesa to his immediate right

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2650.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	5814258
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Are you using Crunch/Tite Gain and an OD to boost for solos? Roll back the volume for clean?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have a Stiletto Trident Stage I on top of an evh5150 2x12 G12h's. Nice combo for the Stiletto. Run it stereo with a Mark 5 90w on top of a Recto 4x12 with V30's. Dialed in properly and ears working correctly, sounds like heaven. So many flavors available. Really digging the combination of EL-34's Stiletto running with 6L6's MK5....Ohh yea!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          Are you using Crunch/Tite Gain and an OD to boost for solos? Roll back the volume for clean?
          I use the Tite Gain channel primarily. I use the built in boost for leads. What is this clean thing you speak of? I use an Acoustic for that.

I'm a volume on 10 guy mostly. As a Les Paul style player, for a cleaner sound I put the rhythm vol on 1.1 or whatever er, and switch to "both pickups on."

However - using the crunch channel with an OD works very, very well also...not that I do that other than at home for fun. The volume boost on the amp was a big decision maker on this vs a Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            I use the Tite Gain channel primarily. I use the built in boost for leads. What is this clean thing you speak of? I use an Acoustic for that.

I'm a volume on 10 guy mostly. As a Les Paul style player, for a cleaner sound I put the rhythm vol on 1.1 or whatever er, and switch to "both pickups on."

However - using the crunch channel with an OD works very, very well also...not that I do that other than at home for fun. The volume boost on the amp was a big decision maker on this vs a Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555.
            A Wampler Tumnus is my volume boost with either the 2555 or 2525H. I've always thought Stilettos sound awful, but to each his own. As long as you're happy with it, that's the important thing.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
              A Wampler Tumnus is my volume boost with either the 2555 or 2525H. I've always thought Stilettos sound awful, but to each his own. As long as you're happy with it, that's the important thing.
              Ha! Too funny!!!! I was going to actually buy a 2555 when I saw this, and tried it, and thought it was as Marshall as I could want, and more

Different ears,,,

Comment

I thought there were a bunch of hair metal cleans with Chorus? Anyway... seems like a killer and simple setup.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                  I thought there were a bunch of hair metal cleans with Chorus?
                  We are....

Comment

Hahahaha. I read that "Hair Metal Clowns with Chorus..."

But for those sounds I just flip to middle on 3 way toggle, and the Zoom has chorus in the loop. Likely with delay also!

Comment

Hahahaha. I read that "Hair Metal Clowns with Chorus..."

But for those sounds I just flip to middle on 3 way toggle, and the Zoom has chorus in the loop. Likely with delay also!
                      Freudian missread.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Funny how it seems that YouTube seems to be having a problem with all the videos that I want to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                          Funny how it seems that YouTube seems to be having a problem with all the videos that I want to watch.

I had that problem with a few videos today too.
                          I just backed out and re-clicked. Then they worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                            I had that problem with a few videos today too.
                            I just backed out and re-clicked. Then they worked.
                            I'll try that.

Comment

Working...
                            X