Getting a Vox MV50.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a Vox MV50.

Not sure if I want the MV50 Rock or MV50 AC.

The local Long and McQuade only has the Rock version, but I was able to order the AC version and AB them.

Will probably get my chance next week.

The Rock should sound more like a Marshall while the AC is pretty self explanatory.

Just not sure which I will like more.

Re: Getting a Vox MV50.

Definitely interested in your findings
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I've already heard the AC version a few months ago when the Vox rep brought it to demo to the local shop. It sounded incredible. I'm just not sure whether I'll prefer it over the Rock model.

Comment

Sorry for the spam, but before you spend a few hundred on a toy Vox, consider the flagship model I'm selling far too cheap. I guarantee you'll like it more.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

That's a nice price... but the MA50 will be more Than enough as it's really mostly going to be used at home for practice. And because it's compact and portable it will work well as a backup for whatever larger amp I've brought with me.

Comment

I want it based on it's sound to size ratio
            My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

And besides, with a Class D power amp that pushes 50 watts with a 4 ohm cabinet. This little guy is going to live up to the reputation of Vox for being surprisingly loud for itsbrated wattage.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
                This little guy is going to live up to the reputation of Vox for being surprisingly loud for inebriated Wattage.

Fixed it lol
                My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                  Fixed it lol

Bwahahaha! Autocorrect strikes again. And your correction is actually closer than autocorrect.

Comment

The MV50 AC I ordered a month ago finally arrived. aB'd with the MV50 Rock, I preferred the AC.

On layaway it went and should hopefully be home next month.

I was shocked how loud it was. You could easilly gig with these amps. Medium to large venues would need to be mic'd but probably should be anyway.

It was funny too... a couple of the guys in the store came running over to see what I was playing through because they liked the tones.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1059.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	5801977

Got it home and wired it to the line 6 4x12.

Workaround to the cab being stereo only was to use my Dr Z Brakelite for the second speaker out to get 4 ohms mono.

Littler sucker is loud!!!

Nice full crunch that cleans up with rolling off the volume. Really impressed.

At higher volumes you can hear that the power section is solid state but it's plenty loud for jamming or small venues. If mic'd it could do a medium size venue, but I think at that size venue I'd prefer a bigger amp and bring this as a backup. Great little amp for home use and recording though.

Comment

So you got the AC? Is the crunch the all-mid AC 30 neo-Emo or Queen-type or does it have any Marshally cab-like bottom at all? (Someone must know what I mean - please translate for me if needed.)

Comment

Best I can describe it, is that while it doesn't quite match the AC-30 or AC-15, but it's definitely got that classic AC style vibe. It'll never nail the AC-30 sound until they figure out how to move beyond the preamp tubes and develop a NuTube equivalent to a power tube. The class D power section gets impressive volume and sounds really good for being solid state, but doesn't have the same response as a tube power amp.

The MV-50 Rock would be closer to a Marshall and the MV-50 Clean closer to a Fender type amp.

Comment

Working...
                          X