Bugera V22 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera V22 problem

I received my brand new Bugera V22 Infinuim yesterday and plugged it in. I immediately fell in love with the clean channel and likened it to a Deluxe Reverb. The speaker sounds great and it is just a sweet amp.
    Today I decided to do a good shake out and explore the amp.
    The moment I hit the lead channel at volume, I notice the snap, crackle and pop.....
    I removed all inputs and started exploring what was happening. I'm running through a power conditioner so I went straight to the wall plug. Same noises.
    The clean channel is clean and sweet as candy but what's up with the lead channel? There should be some hiss depending on the gain and volume and master volume but not all the transient noises.
    So I did a video.....

Then I swapped the pre-amp tubes and it made no difference. I then swapped power tubes and still no difference. snap crackle and pop.
    NOS tubes or HG+, the tubes didn't do anything. My B&K tube tester identified the middle 12AX7A as weak but swapping it made no difference. I've got lots of tubes and none of them made any difference...snap crackle and pop is all I hear in the lead channel.

What's up with this?

Re: Bugera V22 problem

It's new, I'd just send it back for replacement. I had the head version for a couple of years. Never had a problem. That sounds like it could be a noisy tube but it cant be if you've rolled a bunch of different tubes in. Which means, it's probably not something that you can easily remedy. Just out of curiosity, have you tried it without the pedal attached, switching channels on the amp itself?

Comment

Re: Bugera V22 problem

Dirty footswitch jack?

Comment

Working...
      X