banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to bias a Reissue Supro Coronado and what power tubes to go with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to bias a Reissue Supro Coronado and what power tubes to go with?

Ok, so I bought a Supro Coronado amp to go along with a Marshall tsl60 as a second amp...at first that is...I then got a Xotic Stereo X Blender, so I’ve been running both amps together in a stereo setup! I’m loving it so far...I’ve already retubed the Marshall with KT77 power tubes, 2 nos Mullard CV4004s for v1&2, a Genalex Gold Lion 12ax7 in v3, and a Raytheon 7729(7739?) low noise, hifi 12ax7 equivalent for v4. I love the tone of it! For the Coronado, I’ve put Reissue Mullard CV4004s in all the 12ax7 slots...All that’s left now are the power tubes and rectifier tube, and I don’t think I should screw around with the rectifier...I was wondering if kt66’s would work in the amp? Or if there is another type of 6l6 type tube that could be used? I’m kinda looking for a little bit more of a “British type” tone, with a bit more treble and sparkle on the top end...? I know when I changed the power tubes for the Marshall, I had to take it to my guitar tech to have it properly biased. It didn’t take much time to do, but I was just wondering if the same thing needs to be done with the Coronado? And if so, where are the bias points to put the leads to make sure they are set to the correct values? Anyone know what values those would be if I ended up changing the power tubes? I’m not sure yet if I’m going to do it, just wanted to know what all would be involved if I did go through with it? Thanks in advance for any information anyone may have!!
Working...
X