Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Boogie day!

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    No idea at all, sorry. Just be sure to go thru the Owner's Manual. If you have questions, don't be shy about calling Mesa for answers.

Good luck!

Bill
    Pulled the owners manual for the Reverb version that's where I started looking at the mid control. It said at higher levels the mid control on that amp acted like a gain control so yanked it up and suddenly got a big gain spike then oscillation. That was only when I was pulling up on the gain pot slightly but it stabilized some after i worked the pot a little. Will pull the chassis and really go through her doing a through clean of all the pots and jacks first then take it from there. After I got those nasty JJ's out of the amp it brightened up but is down on gain from where one of these should be on the crunch side. Will play with some pre amp tube combos and see if I can get her dialed in. Right now have an old USA Baldwin in V1 then generic sovetecs with another Baldwin in the PI. Will likely drop a balanced JJ in the PI and play with the others as have Shunghangs, EH's real Mullards as well as RI Tungsols and the JJ's to play with. Bill do you happen to know if V2 in these is the crunch? I can't find a tube function chart for one of these amps anywhere on line.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Re: New Boogie day!

Again, no clue on the tube function chart...you'll have to call Mesa. With most of their amps they put it in the Owner's Manual. On some of the amps, there is a little plaque inside the cabinet but it may not show function, only placement.

Bill
      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
      X