Stereo Tube Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Tube Amps

Can you run your stereo effects through the two input jacks among these amps?

Fender Princeton Reverb
    Fender Deluxe Reverb
    Fender Vibrolux
    Fender Twin Reverb

What are other tube amps that you can run in stereo with stereo effects?

Re: Stereo Tube Amps

Originally posted by e x i s t View Post

Fender Princeton Reverb
    Fender Deluxe Reverb
    Fender Vibrolux
    Fender Twin Reverb

You can, but it'll sum to mono and you'll lose a lot of the stereo goodness. If you want to run stereo effects you either need two amps or an actual stereo amp such as a Roland Jazz Chorus. If you go with a stereo amp, you'd need to run your stereo effect's output into the amp's effects returns as most stereo amps have a single input.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

EmerySound.com makes a stereo tube guitar amp with parallel inputs, preamp and amplification sections, though they share a rectifier, and which you can plug in the tube compliment of your choice; even use different pre and power tubes per side, but you've got to ask him directly about it - it's not posted on the web site. And you'll need two cabinets or a stereo cabinet to enjoy that wide stereo spread of sound.

Comment

Orange Rocker 32 combo. It's 2x10, 30 watts mono/15x2 stereo. Pretty awesome amp if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        -Greg

Guitars:
        2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
        2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
        2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
        Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Fender Princeton Reverb
          Fender Deluxe Reverb
          Fender Vibrolux
          Fender Twin Reverb

Any 2 of these will allow stereo. There is not really a ton of combos out there (I can't think of any) that are tube-based and have 2 discreet inputs.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Fender Princeton Reverb
            Fender Deluxe Reverb
            Fender Vibrolux
            Fender Twin Reverb

The Fender Hot Rods and DeVille series all have two inputs. The manual on my Blues DeVille reissue states that the 2nd input is lower gain but if Both inputs are used they become the same gain level
            ( not sure if this means the higher or lower gain level...lol)
            As mentioned by Mincer having two amps is still a better idea especially with distance between them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Virtually any rack rig. Rack systems came of age at a time when stereo was far more normal than now, and mono rack power amps are extremely rare. In general, if you are interested in stereo rigs I would recommend you to consider a rack rig.

Comment

Better scenario (although more $$$ involved)... this puts all your FX *after* power tube distortion:

tube amp -> load (hotplate, for ex)
                |
                line out (line level signal box - hotplate line out, suhr ISO, for ex)
                |
                stereo fx stomp/rack units (chorus, verb, delay etc)
                || (stereo signal; 2 outputs)
                power amp 1, power amp 2
                || (stereo signal; 2 outputs)
                speaker 1, speaker 2

(power amps could even be 2x EHX .44 Magnum stompbox sized)
                Last edited by LLL; 12-21-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Or run wet/dry/wet with 3 amps, but I think the original question is if he plugs stereo effects into 2 inputs on a single amp will he get stereo effects, and the answer is no, it's better to use mono effects into a single amp.

The definition of stereo is "sound that is directed through two or more speakers so that it seems to surround the listener and to come from more than one source; stereophonic sound."

Comment

Multiple amps is the answer. Or the Orange Rocker 32.
                    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
                    X