banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Bought A New Amp!!! Then U.P.S. Sent It To The Wrong Country???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Bought A New Amp!!! Then U.P.S. Sent It To The Wrong Country???

So have you ever had an inexpensive amplifier that you just loved? For me that amp is my mid 90's Peavey Classic 30 1X12!!! Aside for tubes it's all original including the original Blue Marvel speaker which is, well broken in would be an understatement!!!

I bought it a few years back for almost nothing with the intention of selling it to turn a profit but when I got home & plugged it in my plans fell right apart! I absolutely loved it's tone clean or dirty so I decided to keep it & since then it's become one of my all time favorite amps. It's also currently the most inexpensive amp that I own & that's with it trending price in mind not what I paid for it! Unfortunately as anyone who's played one knows they are 30W's straight up with no power cutting & they start out on the volume knob loud so they are not the best home practice rigs...

Now because I enjoyed it so much I decided to part with my little Peavey 6505mh, essentially trading it for a Classic 20 mh head. The 6505 was a good little practice amp & the onboard speaker defeat was a great feature because I could get real tube breakup through headphones at 2:00 am without waking anyone up but it had way more gain then I really needed. I think I literally used the red CH on it twice the entire time I owned it plus I've got a 50W 6505+ combo in storage if I decide I do require that amount of filth for something in the future...

So with all those things in mind the Classic 20 seemed like a no brainier. Now I'm not expecting exactly the same tone at lower volumes because the speaker, cabinet, & slightly different circuit are all factors but I figure even if it only gets me 80%-90% of the way to the Classic 30's tone I think it's going to be a much better fit for me? Plus it's still got all the features that the 6505mh had (I.E.-1W/5W/20W operation, speaker defeat, silent practice capability, Etc) so I'm not losing any of that.

Now I bought this thing from a seller in Las Vegas on Thursday morning of last week & to his credit he got it shipped out for me almost immediately! Because it got shipped out so quickly I didn't bother tracking it until yesterday which was the following Monday. When I tried tracking it down for a ETA I was kinda surprised when the sight said it would be almost 10 business days! I've bought, sold, as well as shipped lots of stuff to AZ & NV in the past, nothing has ever taken that long?

LOL... After looking into a little more I noticed where the package was last scanned, a UPS hub in northern Ontario Canada??? Now I bought it from Vegas & I live in NH, reason would dictate as would experience, this package would move east until hitting the coast then start moving up north until it arrived here at my house. Nope, not only is it in the wrong country but it has been stuck in some kind of strange Canadian purgatory since 2:46am on the second...

I'm not really in that much of a hurry to get the amp, I've got plenty of others to hold me over in the meantime. Still, I can't help but wonder, WTF????

DISCLAIMER- NO CANADIANS WERE ACTUALLY HURT DURING THE PROCESS OF WRITING THIS POST, OR IF THEY WERE THEY WERE TOO DARN POLITE TO COMPLAIN....
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Re: I Bought A New Amp!!! Then U.P.S. Sent It To The Wrong Country???

Wow, wrong country! I've had my things sent to the wrong county, but never country.

I have had my share of troubles, though. In Norway, all the international delivery companies are utterly useless once you get outside of three or four urban areas; my stuff has been irredeemably lost twice, and there have been trouble several other times. DHL seem to be the worst, but I've had trouble with UPS as well. Unfortunately, many international shops – who are probably used to them being reliable – insist on using them. These days, if a delivery company gets their hands on an expensive or important parcel I might try to have them redirected to friends in Oslo, and pick them up I do the 5+ hour drive there.

Comment

I could almost understand if there had been any international shipping involved but I bought it from a U.S. seller & I live in the U.S.!!!
      All they had to do to avoid this was not send it to Canada & yet it's in Canada!!! Not even like normal Canada either... The thing has traveled from Death Valley to the Canadian Artic Tundra, & then it apparently got it's tongue stuck to a flag pole because it's been stuck there since Saturday....
      I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

I Bought A New Amp!!! Then U.P.S. Sent It To The Wrong Country???

I work for Fedex....here’s what most likely happened.
        Somebody at the origin terminal probably misloaded your amp onto the wrong truck. Now anytime you ship something over country borders it needs to have customs paperwork attached. Without that paperwork your freight will get stalled where it is until the proper paperwork is sent.
        Now the kicker is that UPS screwed up by sending it through a Canadian lane of travel. There is no paperwork for your item.
        What I would do is make a call to ups...have your tracking # available. That’s how they call up your shipment in their system. Tell them the story. I’ll bet they will return the amp on another truck and get it back into the proper lane to hit the east coast.
        Pain in the ass...yes. But fixable. They may not even realize that your freight is stalled in customs at this point. As far as their system probably shows the freight that traveled on that particular trailer has successfully been delivered.

Comment

I bought a Taylor that swung back and forth round Atlanta and the ups hub for 5 days
          When it arrives it had been dropped, crushing the end pin into the body an splittingthe soundboard
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Saw something earlier that UPS packages were running 3 days behind. Something about them not scheduling enough drivers and other employees for the holiday season. Supposedly remedied now. But, also saw a story of UPS drivers working 70-80 hour weeks. Union drivers apparently get paid time+1/2 while apparently, non-union don't. None of the drivers reportedly happy about spending no time at home. What this has to do with your amp ending up at a Canadian hub ... maybe nothing. But what has been reported is probably only a small amount of a bigger mess at UPS. Maybe your amp went to Canada first because of a routing screw-up. Or, maybe because they did it on purpose because they were in the weeds at the normal hubs. Point being that it appears to be a goat rope at UPS at the moment.

Comment

Truth be told even though your address say NH you do pretty much live in Canada

Comment

I work for UPS and did some research. Your head is on the way. I even captured some video of it making its way through the process.

Comment

The company is named "oops" for a reason.

Comment

I think I’ve gotten it all sorted out now?

It did get held up because of the lack of any customs paperwork as Securb suggested but they’ve assured me that I will have it in hand by Monday the 11th & they offered their sincerest apologies..

BTW Securb thanks for chiming in!!! I don’t know that I would have called before my ETA came & went if you hadn’t? By me calling when I did it probably shaved off a good week in shipping time!

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
                      I think I’ve gotten it all sorted out now?

It did get held up because of the lack of any customs paperwork as GTRJUNIOR suggested but they’ve assured me that I will have it in hand by Monday the 11th & they offered their sincerest apologies..

BTW GTRJUNIOR thanks for chiming in!!! I don’t know that I would have called before my ETA came & went if you hadn’t? By me calling when I did it probably shaved off a good week in shipping time!

FIFY

I’m chopped liver around here....

Comment

Excuse me sir, May I please steal your amplifier? Sorry bout that eh.

Comment

Working...
                        X