Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need a good, loud amp on a tight budget

Originally posted by PierceOkken View Post
    Orange crush series, the 35rt is about that price. Boss katanas are good too. Jet city makes some good amps, but tube requires more upkeep and attention than solid state. Highly recommend orange 35rt

+1 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00056.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	5804640
    If learning isn't difficult at times you're not learning.

RocknRoll will never die ( I wont let it! )

Comment

Thanks all, these have all been really nice suggestions. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find most of these things on Amazon... :/

Comment

I'd swear I've seen Jet City on Amazon. Some sort of 20 watt combo or a 50 watt head for around $300.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Katana or Mustang 100 from your list

The Micro's are cool but not loud

Definitely look at Jet City stuff
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by jdbowma View Post
            Yeah, that's what I've heard. They seem fantastic, but I'm still considering some other options. I think if I were to go with a SS combo it'd be the Katana.
            If you go Katana go for the 100 combo or head. Couple extra features. I have the head, good, lots of different sounds from it. Wouldn't quite sell my tube amp to get it, but it is probably one of the best bang for your buck amps.

Comment

Originally posted by PS412 View Post
              If you go Katana go for the 100 combo or head. Couple extra features. I have the head, good, lots of different sounds from it. Wouldn't quite sell my tube amp to get it, but it is probably one of the best bang for your buck amps.
              THIS!

Avoid the 50, go for the 100. Big difference in sound and features, including a better speaker. You'll be happier with it in the long run.

I've owned a wide range of amps and I'm still very much enjoying my KTN100. In fact, I've been playing it more than anything else because it sounds great and is so easy to work with.

Also, as someone who has owned a handful of the "Cube" series amps before, including the famous 80XL, I can say the Katana is the best way to spend your hard earned money at the moment

Comment

Working...
              X