PSA - Dangerous YouTube Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA - Dangerous YouTube Videos

Why is everything that gives me almost unbearable G.A.S. so darned expensive?

First it was the Louis Electric Columbia Reverb (Princetone),

and I somehow recovered only to suffer a serious relapse due to infection by the Carr Rambler.
    Last edited by Lazarus1140; 01-13-2018, 03:48 PM.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Re: PSA - Dangerous YouTube Videos

I'd love to have the Mercury V but it ain't in the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
      I'd love to have the Mercury V but it ain't in the cards.
      Yep ... another great one!
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Be careful around YouTube videos, CSGuitars recently me into modding pedals. I've already scorched one circuit board already and I've only been at it for a week.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
          Be careful around YouTube videos, CSGuitars recently me into modding pedals. I've already scorched one circuit board already and I've only been at it for a week.
          The typo in your post reminds me of a post that bounced around the forum for a long. I'm not sure who the author was or exactly how the post was worded, but it was something like "I the whole merlot".

I think it was the young man, now a father of two, who may be John Mayer's #1 fan.

Good times - thanks for chiming in! By the way, the most important thing to remember about making a mistake like frying a board is that you need to buy something new. Maybe that board would still have life if you'd had a better soldering iron or some jeweler's glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
            The typo in your post reminds me of a post that bounced around the forum for a long. I'm not sure who the author was or exactly how the post was worded, but it was something like "I the whole merlot".

I think it was the young man, now a father of two, who may be John Mayer's #1 fan.

Good times - thanks for chiming in! By the way, the most important thing to remember about making a mistake like frying a board is that you need to buy something new. Maybe that board would still have life if you'd had a better soldering iron or some jeweler's glasses.
            Yeah, I couldn't find my fine tip for the iron, so I thought I would do a-ok with one of the larger ones. I figured, "eh, they've been telling me size doesn't matter for my whole life, why should it start now?"

Needless to say, it did matter and those people are lying to you.
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
              Why is everything that gives me almost unbearable G.A.S. so darned expensive?
              Think of it like this: Suppose Ford brings back the Pinto, and Ferrari brings back the Daytona. Which one will be more expensive, and which one would you be more likely to want to own?

P.S. And both of those amps were sweet.
              Last edited by ArtieToo; 01-13-2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

This is the one that's been giving me gas lately. But, with the king of music I play I could never justify the $2000 price tag. Sounds aweome though

sigpic
                Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                  Ouch. That can get expensive, quick. I didn't have more than a couple hours playing time through a Soul Bender before I pulled the transistors and installed sockets. But, I do own a de-soldering station. Not cheap but makes life much easier.

Comment

Greg V for Tungsten...now I have a Mosaic II....the Crema is looking good too.

I do know what you mean!

Comment

Yeah, those Tungstens sound great and (Greg V doesn't hurt!), but I don't need a 5E3. I have super nice Mission kit to cover that tone zone. The whole Carr line blows my mind. I'm not normally an EL84 guy, but the sound clips of his Lincoln are very inspiring!

Comment

I played that Louis Electric amp in Memphis last June when I was checking out the Soldano HR 25 that I ended up with.

I was doing well with my amp GAS until I saw this video: https://youtu.be/Sm4ZNl5-qIU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X