No announcement yet.

AC30 C2 Went pop no sound Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC30 C2 Went pop no sound Help Please!

Hi guys , this may be a known issue with this model , but just put it on standby and pop no standby light and no sound .
    Is this a blown fuse or power tube , Im new to this amp so not sure what to replace , Im sure its the solid state rectifier so that souldnt be the issue , as I believe the rectifier used to blow when switched from standby .
    Any help really appreciated .
    Last edited by Paul64; 01-17-2018, 11:03 AM.

Re: AC30 C2 Went pop no sound Help Please!

Welcome!
    I’m going through the same thing right now.
    Check the fuses first. Replace if necessary and power the amp on again. If the fuse pops again you probably have a blown power tube.

Comment

cheers is the fuse on the chasis near the tubes , as I havent taken the grille off the back yet .

Comment

The IEC power input connector (where you plug the power cord in) has a fuse cover, or drawer. There may be another on the board (or somewhere else) but the one on the IEC connector is easily accessible. I'd check that first.

Comment

No power fuse on outside near IEC plug just looked .

Comment

According to the manual it's an integral IEC with fuse holder. Manual must be wrong. Sorry.

Comment

Looking at the shematic for AC30 c2 , there is a 3a fuse on the pcb and a T 500 m FUSE next to the standby switch , so I assume if a power tube has failed its took out the fuse on the pcb with it .

Comment

t6 3a 5x20mm fuse from the power tubes , t 500ma 5x20mm fuse for standby switch , t1 al 250v for mains fuse .
                Still have mains power so I guess possibly both fuses have failed , 1 on standby switch and 1 from the power tubes . Theres also a fuse from gz 34 which is also a t500 ma fuse .This is from a 2005 AC30 c2 so not sure what year mine is .
                If theres no GZ 34 then it wil be a solid state rectifier and be no fuse . Havent opened it up yet . When I find the fault i will post it here .

Comment

New set of jj valves ordered , and f1 fuse had blown on the pcb which was the t500ma 5x20 . so orderd 10 of they.
                  Its stamped inside 2013 , so has a solid state rectifier , so no Gz34 needed . This year of c2 only has 2 fuses one for the heater and the other for the Ht standby switch .
                  Lets see when all parts come it should be up and running .

Comment

Ok heres the update , Valves came today and fuses . Re newed valves replaced fuse and its all working as should , love this amp .

Comment

Working...
                    X