banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative Ways to Fill Out a 2x12 or 4x12 Cab.??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative Ways to Fill Out a 2x12 or 4x12 Cab.??

Probably most of you guys know this, but you can either choose a speaker that COMPLIMENTS your other speaker(s), or sounds about the SAME as your other speakers.
    I'm thinking more or less of pairing two Celestions with two Eminences in a 4x12 cabinet, although it can apply to all Celestions or all Eminence 2x12 or 4x12.

BTW, anyone utilizing a 4x12 or 2x12 cabinet with all 12" Celestion and or all Eminence speakers or a mixture of both? Do you Compliment the cabinet with different speakers ( V30/G12H 30 or Emi equivalent for example), or do you run all the same sounding Emi/Celestion speakers ?

OMG, Vinnie got removaled ,lol.
    Last edited by MetalManiac; 01-19-2018, 07:24 PM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Re: Alternative Ways to Fill Out a 2x12 or 4x12 Cab.??

Oh man... do we all have to ????????????? everything? [emoji3]

I have 10”, 12” and 15” Eminence (alnico, alnico, ferrite respectively) all Brit-voiced, and they pair really well - widen the tone of the amp in question, without conflicting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^ I removaled all the Question marks.
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

25 x 2" woofers (or tweeters), or a combination of 25 woofers and tweeters

Comment

&^ You sir, are a forward thinking person( perhaps too forward?).

Comment

Talking of 25 tweeters/woofers, the most indulgent sound I ever got was an outdoors gig (who would have expected that), when I mic’d up my Budda 18W and put it through a Bose Lii stick with the sub bass module. It was a revelation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I pair V30s with T75 or G12M in the same cab. You can also pair G12M with G12H as all of these compliment each other.

Dave Friedman swears by the V30/G12M combo.
              -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
              “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

I have an Eminence V12 and a WGS et65 in a 2x12. They work fine together but it wasn't carefully planned, it just sorta happened.

Comment

Got a Celestion G12H30 and an Eminence Red Fang in a 2x12. Got all the same WGS speakers in a 4x12. Got 2 of one type and 2 of another type in a different 4X12. Whatever works.

Comment

I have three 2X12 cabs. All have different speakers aimed @ complimenting each other.
                    1) Celestion V30 and G12H55 (brightest of the three)
                    2) WGS Retro 30 and Reaper HP (warmest of the three)
                    3) Eminence Wizard and Swamp Thang. (loudest of the three)

Comment

For a rock/metal cab, the V30/G75T combo is great....either crisscrossed or V30 top ang G75T bottom.

I don't understand why G75T's get a bad rap because of having a crunchy top. They alao come with a big tight bottom end, mating perfectly with midrangey V30's.

V30/H30 is one step away from that in the bluesrock direction.

With me, it's always first hand info. I've practically worn out the lithium battery in my cordless drill, taking the backs off 412's, swapping speakers in Bogner and Marshall cabs.
                      Last edited by Gearjoneser; 01-20-2018, 10:48 PM.
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I really like the V/K mix for metal.
                        I've always thought an m25/t75 would make a great pairing, being both lower db and so tonally contrasting.

Comment

I've had a lot of great cabs. My Bogner Uberkab 4x12 was my previous favorite. But right now I wouldn't trade my Line 6 4x12 loaded with 2 G12-EVH Greenbacks on top and 2 G12 H30s on bottom. It sounds like some old holy grail basketweave Marshall cab or something. That speaker combo is a thing of beauty for classic rock, 80s metal, and even modern hard rock stuff (a la Alter Bridge, AIC, Tool, etc).
                          "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

I like to mix Ceramic with Alnico speakers. i have a Trace Elliot Bonneville 4X10 that I removed 2 of the Celestions and replaced with a pair of Weber Alnico Californias. (like a pair of JBLs) The combination of the types of speakers is something I find favorable.

Comment

most of my amps are 1x12 combos that have whatever speaker suits them best. my 2x12 has a v30/g12h combo that always sounds great. i have a 2x10 that has a jensen p10q/eminence lil buddy pairing that sounds very cool since both speakers are very different from each other. the lil buddy is fat and dark, the p10q is bright punchy a little honky but can be thin on its own between the two you get all sorts of cool things happening

Comment

Working...
                              X