banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roost equipment csr200 cabinet = magic cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roost equipment csr200 cabinet = magic cab?

Hi,

In the rehearsal space of our band is a magical cabinet. Any head you match it with sounds completely awesome. I had a marshall jmd1 which sounded jawdropping good, the lead guitarist wanted to buy it instantly. Smile on everyone's face immediately and all the time.

We tried it at his place and later at mine and it sounded terrible. Sold it because it sucked so hard and I thought I just imagined it ever sounded great.

Last week I tried a hotone diamond on it. Again, sounded completely awesome on that cab, still ok at home (Harley Benton 112 v30) but not half as good as on that cab.

So can anyone tell me more about this cab?
    It says roost sound equipment CSR 200 on the back.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Re: Roost equipment csr200 cabinet = magic cab?

welcome to the forum!

old english made cab from the 70's that usually had celestions but its possible it had ev's from the factory too. never seen one in person but the company had a pretty good reputation from what ive read

Comment

Thanks! I found info about the company but not about the cab. It looks like an old beat up pawn shop kinda cab that was just put in the rehearsal space to have a cab.

Any idea which kind of celestions are in there? I also read something about fang speakers in earlier models.

Comment

Could be Fane or HH speakers too, only real way to know is probably to take off the back and look. Still, an old cab from the 70s is awesome, no mdf in that cab.

Comment

from what i understand there was no connection with fane at any point, one of the engineers of the company said celestions were stock but they did put ev's in for special orders or something like that although who knows if they were changed

Comment

I got the fane speakers from this guy, who appears to have worked for the company:

Comment

Originally posted by arten View Post
              Hi,

In the rehearsal space of our band is a magical cabinet. Any head you match it with sounds completely awesome. I had a marshall jmd1 which sounded jawdropping good, the lead guitarist wanted to buy it instantly. Smile on everyone's face immediately and all the time.

We tried it at his place and later at mine and it sounded terrible. Sold it because it sucked so hard and I thought I just imagined it ever sounded great.

Last week I tried a hotone diamond on it. Again, sounded completely awesome on that cab, still ok at home (Harley Benton 112 v30) but not half as good as on that cab.

So can anyone tell me more about this cab?
              It says roost sound equipment CSR 200 on the back.

Maybe the cab just fits with the rehearsal place acoustics?

There's a "guest house" at the end of workshop/garage/storage building in my homeplace at countryside. It has half open second floor with large two story high panel walls and thick solid wood floors. It's unbelievable how good a cranked guitar amp sounds in there!
              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by arten View Post
                I got the fane speakers from this guy, who appears to have worked for the company:

ah gotcha. fane speakers early on, then celestions and ev

Comment

That rehearsal space is just big bricks and some reflective foam. Maybe it just works well with that cab but the drums and other apps don't sound particularly great. Though the mini rectifier of the rythm dude sounded quite well over a 412 marshall.

Any idea which celestions are in there? I don't think the owner would appreciate it if we would open up the cab

Comment

Those cabs came loaded with a tiny species of dwarf (dwarfus minimus) that expels euphoric flatus through the speakers dustcaps. Most of the dwarves were young, some were even under age. They don't need food or water, they survive on air alone. There are small, hidden ventilation holes in the cabinet that provide plenty of air for the dwarf. So, it's very likely that the dwarf inside that cabinet is still alive. The company went under when they ran out of dwarves ...

Comment

Working...
                    X