banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impossible?.........I Am Getting Huge Amounts Of Headroom On My 1968 Vibro Champ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible?.........I Am Getting Huge Amounts Of Headroom On My 1968 Vibro Champ

After I had repaired my 1968 Fender Vibro Champ with lots of help from forum members (you know who you are, thanks) I am getting large amount of headroom on my amp. My amp sounds like a low power Twin that takes pedals really well. And it is very loud for a 5 watt amp. I prefer 5881 tubes over 6V6s. What I did was change the cathode resistor and the cap to a 490 ohm 5 watt carbon comp resistor and a 20uf 200 volt capacitor, added a 5V4 rectifier and a 5881 tube. This doesn't sound like your usual Vibro Champ.

Re: Impossible?.........I Am Getting Huge Amounts Of Headroom On My 1968 Vibro Champ

more available juice from the 5v4 (i sometimes use one in my tweed deluxe clone too), beefier tube with 5881... makes sense to me

Comment

Re: Impossible?.........I Am Getting Huge Amounts Of Headroom On My 1968 Vibro Champ

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      more available juice from the 5v4 (i sometimes use one in my tweed deluxe clone too), beefier tube with 5881... makes sense to me
      I like the 5V4.

Comment

Working...
      X