PRS MT 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS MT 15

Finally! A lunchbox amp that excites me! PRS even.. They came out with a lunchbox amp with 6l6s instead of EL84s. And, its not outrageously priced. IIRC its two 6l6s and 5 12ax7

MT15 - Mark Tremonti sig amp. Here is alil more info.

PRS Guitars and Mark Tremonti have announced two new signature pieces of gear, just in time for the 2018 Winter NAMM Show—the MT 15 amplifier and the SE Mark Tremonti Standard guitar. Both are the res
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: PRS MT 15

Another low watt amp using big bottle tubes.

Comment

6L6's on low-wattage amps: Yummy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lake Placid Blues View Post
        Another low watt amp using big bottle tubes.

http://www.prsguitars.com/amplifiers/mt/mt_15
        Thats the one I posted bro! But thanks for posting the good link!!
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Nice amp, sounds cool....would'nt like to know the price though

Those 'Little Stiffy' / Tony Krank amps from some years ago used big bottles as well. I thought they sounded pretty sweet & were super affordable, really regret not getting one. My 30 Watt Brutus has 5881's in it too/can run 6l6's/El34's etc... Love that amp!

I wonder why more small amps don't use them...not that I have a thing against EL84's myself.
          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
            Nice amp, sounds cool....would'nt like to know the price though

Those 'Little Stiffy' / Tony Krank amps from some years ago used big bottles as well. I thought they sounded pretty sweet & were super affordable, really regret not getting one. My 30 Watt Brutus has 5881's in it too/can run 6l6's/El34's etc... Love that amp!

I wonder why more small amps don't use them...not that I have a thing against EL84's myself.
            Actually, I figured that since it was a PRS that it would be huge money.. they are selling for $649 at sweetwater

thought they said in the vid it uses 5 12AX7s. the site said 6. sweet

Jol Dantzig

Comment

..$649??? = GAS!

I'd still need to add $150+ for shipping though...add to that customs charges ($200? or so..) = No more GAS
              "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                Actually, I figured that since it was a PRS that it would be huge money.. they are selling for $649 at sweetwater

thought they said in the vid it uses 5 12AX7s. the site said 6. sweet
                Is it 5 in the preamp, plus the PI?

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                  Thats the one I posted bro! But thanks for posting the good link!!
                  Oh, I'm sorry about the confusion. What I meant that this new PRS is another one like the Soldano Hotrod 25, Marshall mini Jubilee and 20 watt DSL and Origin and so forth, using big bottle tubes instead of EL84s.

Comment

Not scheduled to be out until early to mid May is what I have been seeing,going to pick one up as soon as they are available for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
                      Is it 5 in the preamp, plus the PI?
                      NO.

Comment

Working...
                      X