No announcement yet.

What happened to the Eminence Red Fang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What happened to the Eminence Red Fang?

I have a 12" Red Fang. Agree with Jeremy, it's a bit different than a Blue. I thought they were pretty popular. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      I'm not sure I'd agree with "total fail". I realize that our forum doesn't really represent the general public, but I see a lot of people talking about, and using them, quite a bit. On the other hand, as much as I like them, all my speakers are either OEM or Celestion.
      Well i actually GAS for speakers, swap speakers, build cabs, etc. I live in socal, greater freakin los angeles.... and ive wonderded about em for years

Except there aint nowhere to see em. Havent seen any in like a decade. Except that one lowend model, whats its name, Legends?

So I own a bunch of celestions (that I like). And don't own a bunch of other Celestions that i dont much like or even outright hate. But ive never owned a eminence.

Maybe Im missing out? Quite possible, but I have no way of knowing.... = marketing fail
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

PS oh and i once had a customer who slipped the hook for a custom cab.

He wanted lightweight. He seemed to NEED eminence neo, had some disability or injury or something. I suggested it... but he bailed. Why? "Not sure about dropping good money on speakers no one seems to have seen or heard".
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
          Well i actually GAS for speakers, swap speakers, build cabs, etc. I live in socal, greater freakin los angeles.... and ive wonderded about em for years

Except there aint nowhere to see em. Havent seen any in like a decade. Except that one lowend model, whats its name, Legends?

So I own a bunch of celestions (that I like). And don't own a bunch of other Celestions that i dont much like or even outright hate. But ive never owned a eminence.

Maybe Im missing out? Quite possible, but I have no way of knowing.... = marketing fail
          I'd say most non-tinkerers out there only really know about Celestion. Think how many times you hear about a cab being advertised as coming loaded with Celestions? Most other speaker companies don't come OEM in the types of cabs you would find at the local Guitar Center.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
            PS oh and i once had a customer who slipped the hook for a custom cab.

He wanted lightweight. He seemed to NEED eminence neo, had some disability or injury or something. I suggested it... but he bailed. Why? "Not sure about dropping good money on speakers no one seems to have seen or heard".
            I once had a fellow tell me he didn't need new pickups (the ones he had were microphone to the point you could talk into them) because they are "all the same except for the advertising".
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I really like the Red Fang alnicos. Putting my money where my mouth is, I have 2 of the 16 ohm 10" Red Fangs, 1 of the 16 ohm 12" and 3 of the 8 ohm 12". Great speakers. They give you that Fender chime while really putting some sweetness into your overdriven tones.

From what I can see, it looks like Eminence discontinued these and has put out other alnico models.

Comment

I wonder if anyone from Eminence would chime in, if they knew this thread existed?

Comment

I'm kinda sad that the Red Fang has been discontinued. I was thinking of picking one up for a speaker cab. The C. Rex I've got has been nothing short of stellar for quite a few years.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I wonder if anyone from Eminence would chime in, if they knew this thread existed?
                    I have a connect at Eminence I will email and see if I can get any information.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I have a connect at Eminence I will email and see if I can get any information.
                      Any luck?

Comment

Looks like that connect turned into a disconnect.

I saw a post on another forum where a forumite e-mailed Eminence and got a response from Anthony Lucas there. It indicated that the Red Fang alnico would no longer be part of their regular line but that you could order one from their custom shop.

I've kept all 6 of my Red Fang alnicos. Great speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick330man View Post
                          I saw a post on another forum where a forumite e-mailed Eminence and got a response from Anthony Lucas there.
                          I've had several communications with Anthony. He's good people at Eminence.

Comment

I've had several communications with Anthony. He's good people at Eminence.
                            Agreed. I dealt with the same guy, and he was helpful. I also like Warehouse Speakers. Made in America isn't the only criterion for a good product, but it's still a bonus in my book.

Comment

Working...
                            X