NAD: Orange 40th Anniversary OR50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAD: Orange 40th Anniversary OR50

This is my Sabbath tribute this past Saturday at the Leftapalooza festival put on by Left Hand brewing company. We opened the show, and the reaction was great. I had my OR50 set with the gain on 6 and volume on 5. It was loud, and then the monitors doubled it. It was glorious to stand within that soundscape. We had our set metered out to exactly 45 minutes, and they'll ask us back next year for sure.

We even had some folks out in the crowd with our T-shirts on. Pretty satisfying day.

- Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Nice amp, bet it sounds great!

*EDIT* I was just asking about Leftapalooza! I didn't get over there, but it sounded good from my house and walking the dog!

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
        Nice amp, bet it sounds great!

*EDIT* I was just asking about Leftapalooza! I didn't get over there, but it sounded good from my house and walking the dog!
        It was an epic time for us. They had crew to handle all the gear and all we had to do was play. Super cool.
        - Tom

Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
          It was an epic time for us. They had crew to handle all the gear and all we had to do was play. Super cool.
          Very cool, rock star for a day!

Comment

I was skeptical at first because i'm such a huge Sabbath fan, but you guys sound great! really enjoyed the clips!

Comment

Originally posted by kingsnake View Post
              I was skeptical at first because i'm such a huge Sabbath fan, but you guys sound great! really enjoyed the clips!
              Thanks. Our toughest critics will always be the fans who know for sure if we hit a part or not. We put in 8 months of work getting stuff right before we booked a gig, because it is so well known to the fans. The only things we deviate from are the parts where Tony doesn't do something exactly like the record. I hit all the parts he hits, all the time, but if he goes off on a tangent, then so do I, albeit with as close as I can get to his style and flair.

By far and away, the vocal was the toughest thing to nail, as Ozzy is a deceptively simple singer.
              - Tom

Comment

sounds great man! looks like a fun fest too

Comment

Waiting on my tech advisor to vette 35RT. What say ya'll?

Dove has wings of buzzard
                  And buzzard, of dove

I was there when it happened, so I guess I oughta know.

Comment

I’ve never played the Crush series, but 35W into a 10” doesn’t read like it would be a clear full range sound. I’d expect it to be congested and dark and thin, unless the wattage is never really used and is just for headroom?

Comment

Yes, for clean headroom. Anything else I say would be from a SW ad or YT-that's why I have a tech advisor. I was actually looking at Katana 50, but he feels this will be more versatile with the clean tones. It will never be on stage, I can tell you that!!

Dove has wings of buzzard
                      And buzzard, of dove

I was there when it happened, so I guess I oughta know.

Comment

Wonderful performance! I'll bet you all were thrilled working a stage like that with what may be a first rate P.A.?

I know you were fortunate in finding that Orange 50th. anniversary head. Playing gigs at that volume level; how often (do you estimate) will you be changing tubes to keep the amp in top working shape?

studioplayer
                        Last edited by Studioplayer; 06-10-2019, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Studioplayer View Post
                          Wonderful performance! I'll bet you all were thrilled working a stage like that with what may be a first rate P.A.?

I know you were fortunate in finding that Orange 50th. anniversary head. Playing gigs at that volume level; how often (do you estimate) will you be changing tubes to keep the amp in top working shape?

studioplayer
                          Probably once a year or so for the power tubes, and whenever the preamp tubes just don't sound good any more, or else whenever I score some nice ones.
                          - Tom

Comment

Working...
                          X