Power Stage 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Stage 700

I have a question; if your not playing in stereo can you plug in one input and plug cabinets in the left and Rt speaker outputs.

Re: Power Stage 700

Welcome to the forum!
    Actually, I don't know this- I don't know if anyone has ever asked! I'd be interested to know, too. Hopefully someone with one has tried it and will make their way in here.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Each channel is discrete, so you would need to use a splitter to send your signal to both inputs in order to use both speaker outputs.

Comment

Just a side note, I still don't get the idea of the PowerStage 700. Other than Yngwie Malmsteen wall of 4x12 cabs I can't think of any other practical use.
        Who took my guitar?

Comment

Well, I'd say that clean headroom is the main advantage - you don't need to use the full available power, but it's there if you want it. Also, keep in mind that it's putting out 700 watts when you run it at 4 ohms, but at 16 ohms you'd be looking at more like 175 watts per channel.

I'd put PS700 in the same category as something like the Mesa SimulClass 2:90 or the Fryette Two/Ninety/Two. Most people probably don't need the full 90 watts of tube power per channel either, but running one of those amps at lower volumes will perform differently than running a lower wattage power amp cranked up higher.

I've used PowerStage 700 to amplify an AxeFX through a 4x12 cabinet for smaller gigs, and also as part of a wet/dry/wet rig at my rehearsal space, just for fun. Works well in both scenarios.

Comment

Another question; can the Power Stage 700 handle two 8 ohms 4x12 cabinets on the left channel and two 8 ohm 4x12 cabinets on the right ?

Comment

it should, yes. two 8 ohm cabs in parallel is 4 ohms. but since there is only one speaker out for each side, youd need parallel jacks on one of the 4x12 cabs

Comment

Thanks Jeremy i'm using a Two Y Splitter cables on on the left and right channels.

Comment

Working...
                X