Seymour Duncan Convertible 100 Combo Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Convertible 100 Combo Amp

I bought a 1x12 cabinet and a Celestion G12K-100 8 Ohm speaker and attached it to the variable dampening circuit with the internal Celestion G12K-85 connected to the 8 Ohm port to give me 2x12s so to speak. I know the Celestion 85 is really a 100 watt speaker but I think that amp has too much power for one speaker to handle alone. I read that if you use the variable dampening output, all three outputs are now influenced by that control. On the schematic, the variable dampening output is connected to the 8 Ohm output. I do know that when I move the dial clockwise to tighten the external speak, that speaker gets louder than the original in the combo which tells me that that output is working independent from the standard 8 and 4 Ohm outputs. I know the circuit affects the speaks SPL but how does it really work? Does anyone here know?

Re: Seymour Duncan Convertible 100 Combo Amp

I thought i read that only that output was influenced by that control, and the ohms aren't specified. I'll try it some time, also download the pdf manual. If it only affects the output jack the control is above, that would explain what you are experiencing. I've read of more than one difference between the schematic and the actual product. So my take is that the control only affects the one output.
    jackrabbit-eared ~^~ ~^~ Spock!

Comment

Re: Seymour Duncan Convertible 100 Combo Amp

Got a tip for you pagano if you haven't tried this, get a vintage amperex 12AT7 or 12AU7 from ebay, and use it in V1. You'll get phenomenal cleans, and it's great with distortion pedals. My convertible is the best sounding clean amp I have ever heard once I got the right tubes. I use vintage 12at7 or 12AU7 for V1, and new stock EH 12Ax7s for V3-5 on the clean.
      jackrabbit-eared ~^~ ~^~ Spock!

Comment

Working...
      X