X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Suhr PT15 IR!!

Check it out!!

Re: The new Suhr PT15 IR!!

Speaker iRs? Like a software speaker that emulates a real speaker?

Sounds like pretty advanced witchcraftery...

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
      Speaker iRs? Like a software speaker that emulates a real speaker?

Sounds like pretty advanced witchcraftery...
      LOL, yeah.

It can be used as a "real" amp with cabs and such, but can also be used through a PA/FRFR type situation or Direct in for recording with IRs. It also has a built in Reactive Load. Everything in one little box. Price is likely going to be around $2K.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Guy View Post
        LOL, yeah.

It can be used as a "real" amp with cabs and such, but can also be used through a PA/FRFR type situation or Direct in for recording with IRs. It also has a built in Reactive Load. Everything in one little box. Price is likely going to be around $2K.
        I was kidding of course... been using iRs for maybe a decade.

More players should be digging on this concept, but some people are just too diametrically opposed to new "witchy" technology... or just plain ignorant.

Comment

I understand this is a serious piece of gear, but I read it's going to be around the 2K dollar mark. That price is somewhat steep for a 20W amp, even if it comes with an impulse loader built in. JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
            I understand this is a serious piece of gear, but I read it's going to be around the 2K dollar mark. That price is somewhat steep for a 20W amp, even if it comes with an impulse loader built in. JMO.
            Yeah, and retailers are now jumping the gun on an official price announcement and saying the head will be $2699 which is way out of my price range. And almos $1K for a 2x12 Cab. It's also 15W with a built in an active Load Box. Still a lot. I agree.

Comment

Oh, yeah, 15W.

Would've been cool if they had gone for big-bottle tubes too.

Comment

Sounds nice (if a bit generic) in the vid, but those are obviously processed tones..

Still, a nice idea to have an onboard IR loader since a lot of the analog speaker emulation these little amps have leave something to be desired. Having said that..way out of my price range & too many better options when you get even halfway to $2,699
                "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                  Sounds nice (if a bit generic) in the vid, but those are obviously processed tones..

Still, a nice idea to have an onboard IR loader since a lot of the analog speaker emulation these little amps have leave something to be desired. Having said that..way out of my price range & too many better options when you get even halfway to $2,699
                  Don't you use a cool little stompbox with iRs?

Comment

Yeah, my Mooer Radar & it's pretty sweet..no problem with IR's at all. Just saying it's actually a handy idea having an amp with an onboard loadbox & IR's ...just not $2,699 handy (at least not for me )

I'd rather get a decent sounding (way) cheaper amp & loadbox + IR loader & string them all together for say.. $600-700-ish... tops
                    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Well, in its defense, it's got three channels too.

I still think the price is kinda steep, though. And, while all of the other features seem to suggest it's a professional piece of kit, the wattage rating kinda doesn't. Then again, each to his own. Some of these mini heads are louder than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                        Yeah, my Mooer Radar & it's pretty sweet..no problem with IR's at all. Just saying it's actually a handy idea having an amp with an onboard loadbox & IR's ...just not $2,699 handy (at least not for me )

I'd rather get a decent sounding (way) cheaper amp & loadbox + IR loader & string them all together for say.. $600-700-ish... tops
                        Yeah, pointing out that there are cheaper (than $2699) alternatives for this speaker iR concept... knew you had some gear that did that.

Comment

Can this suhr IR be used in conjunction with a Helix or a Fractal? some of this stuff is still over my head.

Comment

Working...
                          X