NAD - 1969 Hiwatt DR-103

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD - 1969 Hiwatt DR-103

Not me - my oldest guitar playing pal... Just bought a 1969 Hiwatt 100 watt head, slightly modded with a fan in the side of the head. The tubes are OLD, maybe original - but it still sounds great. I will drop it off with Mike Metz of Thesis Audio Service to be retubed and freshened... Then, my pal will go back to playing some clean jazz through it in the clubs, or pumping metal in the studio.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Re: NAD - 1969 Hiwatt DR-103

Cool, congrats to your mate!

A 1978 DR 504 was my gigging amp for several years. I rocked it, but one day a friend who was competent in multiple styles came by and played some jazz on it. Sounded absolutely gorgeous!

Again, congrats, great amp!

Comment

thats a hell of an amp! whats he using for speakers?

Comment

yeah killer boom box wow
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

thats a hell of an amp! whats he using for speakers?
          Depends on the gig... Let's just say he's a real gear hound. He already has 3 Hiwatt heads, several cabs with choice of 10's or 12's. Also - a buttload of Ampeg stuff, some Marshall and Fender. No cheap speakers, either.... I joke with him about owning stock in JBL, Altec, Gauss, and Jensen. About 30 guitars, as well as basses, cellos, flutes, violins, etc.

All this guy does is music. Doesn't even own a TV. Both parents were college music professors, he's been playing shows since 7 (now in his late 50's). Currently plays in 3 bands, runs a sound reinforcement company, has a recording studio in the basement, etc. In his downtime, he sits down with a stack of fake books 4 feet high and practices his reading.

He's got chops. He's so talented he makes me sick sometimes.
          Last edited by ICTGoober; 01-28-2019, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I used a Biacrown 50 watt Bulldog combo for a few years and it was one of the best sounding amps I've ever used. Fabulous clean or cranked.

Comment

Nice amp. That must have been a pretty penny for an original.

I have a reissue. Second loudest amp I own. Can’t stand within 6 feet of it while playing, but it sounds amazing any distance greater.

Comment

It's done, and LOUD as FRICK. Owner needs a replacement logo plate for it. Is there a US distributor right now?

Comment

NAD - 1969 Hiwatt DR-103

Any trophy shop could make a replacement plate, but a real one, don’t know how to source that other than off a real amp.

Comment

Working...
                  X