banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have more than 1 of almost the same amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have more than 1 of almost the same amp?

I have a jcm800 2204 (50w) and love it. but for no particular reason I've got the GAS for a jcm800 2203 (100w). I have read they are voiced differently and have different bottom end feel. I definitely dont "need" it. But the older jcm's seem to hold value well so I dont think I would lose money if I decided to resell later on.

So how many of you have multiples of almost the same thing?
    Insert witty signature here so people on the internet will think I'm cool....

Re: Do you have more than 1 of almost the same amp?

I have a JCM800 2203 and a 2210 (multichannel switching, effects loop, and reverb)

I sold my 2204 -and still regret it. -it was my favorite of the 3

also a 22W Deluxe Reverb and it's bigger brother the 85W Twin Reverb
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
      I have a JCM800 2203 and a 2210 (multichannel switching, effects loop, and reverb)

I sold my 2204 -and still regret it. -it was my favorite of the 3

also a 22W Deluxe Reverb and it's bigger brother the 85W Twin Reverb
      How do you like the 2210? I was torn between the 2210 and the 2203/2204 when I bought mine. Only reason I ended up with a 2204 vs a 2203 was I found a killer deal on mine.
      Insert witty signature here so people on the internet will think I'm cool....

Comment

Nope. I'd happily own and run two of my Tweaker heads though, one for cleans and another for high gain.
        Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
        Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
        Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
        Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

I have a Mesa Blue Angel (2 6v6s, 4 EL84s) and I still want the new 6v6 Mesa amp, the California Tweed. I also want a Deluxe Reverb, so yeah, I get it.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

3 ~5E3s...1 pure...one with switchable cascaded gain mod....one with "pro amp" mod to run 6L6 and EL34...the EL34s sounds killer!!!

Comment

I have 2 x Marshall CODE50's and 3 x Marshall CODE25's. 1 x CODE25 is just a "spare" (fitted my own effects loop to the thing for fun) and is used for quick practice routines. The others are run in stereo either standalone or micd. up through my Alto PA.

Comment

not the same but similar. tweed deluxe and tweed bandmaster clones. deluxe reverb and dual showman reverb. sometimes the smaller amp isnt enough so the bigger one gets pulled out. the dual showman reverb doesnt get much gig time since its big and heavy but its always there if i need it.

Comment

Yes but one is for sale now
                  My Bands -
                  https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                  www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                  www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                  GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Jr_vw2 View Post
                    How do you like the 2210? I was torn between the 2210 and the 2203/2204 when I bought mine. Only reason I ended up with a 2204 vs a 2203 was I found a killer deal on mine.
                    My 2210 is really really good now -better than my 2203 is currently -but my 2210 is modded a bit -it was a little on the harsh mids side when I got it -as the guy before had some questionable "values" lol
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

2 channel Dual Rectifier because it recorded better than the Roadster.

Roadster because it worked better live than the 2 channel Recto.

Rectoverb:25 combo because I wanted something portable that I could just plug into with minimal setup/tear-down
                      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Come to think of it, no. I've cut down on redundant amps. I had a silverface Twin Reverb and sold it but kept The Twin, sold my Randall RH200G2 but kept the RG100ES so I have one of every kind of amp I could need. Marshall JVM for British, The Twin for American clean, Dual Rec for American hi-gain, Randall for solid state hi-gain, ADA MP-1 for fun etc.
                        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

I sold my 50W JCM800 when I closed my recording studio in the 90s and still kinda regret it; that was a great sounding amp. Right now my go-to for Marshall tone is a Friedman. Sold the blackface Bassman I had in the studio too; missed it immediately.

Presently I've got both a '64 Bassman and a '66 Bandmaster. Don't use the Bandmaster much but got a screaming deal on it coupla years ago, too cheap to pass up. Pawnshop said the amp was fried but it just had a blown speaker in the tiltback 2x12 cab. The amps are a bit different anyhow.

By a weird coincidence I wound up with two early-60s Silvertone 1482 combos. No good reason to keep both. Someday when I get around to it I'll sell one of 'em.

My three Boogies are so different that there's no redundancy.
                          Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 02-05-2019, 02:45 PM.
                          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Hah! Youse guys have some nice toys!

I have two amps that y'all probably aren't familiar with, namely the Visual Sound Workhorse Pony (30 watt all-tube combo). Initially, I had some problems with them and they were always frying something inside there. Eventually, an amp nerd friend of mine got them all sussed out and they are both very reliable now. The only differences between those two are some minor cap and resistor changes that my buddy made inside there (all above my pay grade), but I love the way they sound.
                            "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

I got a supersonic 22 and a custom 68 Princeton reverb. Ones a deluxe reverb with an option for more gain (fat switch or second channel), and it's little sibling is designed for earlier onset of gain. They are different enough for me to enjoy having both but similar enough that I can use the same settings and pedals and I just pick what amp to plug into based on how much volume and bass I want

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X