Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Bassbreaker 30R

Has anyone tried one?

I found the recent Anderton's test of one intriguing. I'm looking to try one but wanted to know if anyone else has had a chance. If it's really as good as it sounds on that Anderton's vid, I may have to sell my Blackstar to get it. Always wanted an all tube Fender amp.

Re: Fender Bassbreaker 30R

I tried the 7 and 15 only. I thought the 7 was meh but really liked the 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
      I tried the 7 and 15 only. I thought the 7 was meh but really liked the 15.
      I've heard this a lot. I understand that the 30R is basically a two channel version of the 15 with digital reverb and a gain channel boost. Very much looking forward to trying it out.

Comment

Fender Bassbreaker 30R

That sounds like a winner. I would have taken it home but I couldn't justify it with a tweed deluxe at home. The only con I heard but didn't test is the XLR out. I've heard some people were disappointed with it in case that's a key feature for you you should check it.

Comment

I've tried the 7, 15, and the 45. The 15 was the winner as it was basically a Blues Jr with a modern tone.
          The 7 was just a toy..
          The 45 was great and I liked its tone options, but it was just too big and loud for my needs.

Comment

I will be trying the 30, for sure, even though I already have the 15. If it's basically the same pre-amp as the 15 (the controls are very similar, so that's what I am hoping), but with twice the power, I'm all over it.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Guy View Post
              Has anyone tried one?

I found the recent Anderton's test of one intriguing. I'm looking to try one but wanted to know if anyone else has had a chance. If it's really as good as it sounds on that Anderton's vid, I may have to sell my Blackstar to get it. Always wanted an all tube Fender amp.
              Ive got this BB 30r ordered. The BB 15 really impressed me but wished it had a footswitch and a clean channel to make it a little more versatile. This is gonna be the new-and-improved version 15w hopefully.
              Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

So what is everyone thinking about the bassbreaker 30r so far? It seems like exactly the amp I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty302 View Post
                  So what is everyone thinking about the bassbreaker 30r so far? It seems like exactly the amp I'm looking for.
                  I got mine and am really impressed. Clean tone is gorgeous and the drive channel is creamy, smooth and seems to work accommodate whether you want *more* gain or *better* gain --it's more of both from Fender. Very satsified. I like it more than the Prosonic, and that was my favorite for years.

Comment

Originally posted by gsammo79 View Post
                    I got mine and am really impressed. Clean tone is gorgeous and the drive channel is creamy, smooth and seems to work accommodate whether you want *more* gain or *better* gain --it's more of both from Fender. Very satsified. I like it more than the Prosonic, and that was my favorite for years.
                    I wonder if it would be better than the other Fender amps such as the twin reverb, hotrod, blues deluxe etc? Also how's the reverb on it and does it seem to take pedals good? Thanks

Comment

I like the reverb on the amp, but reverb is something I'm indifferent about. It sounds good to my ears, but it's not the best fender reverb I've heard.

I've just had the amp a few days now so I'll get back to you guys after I've given it a better test drive. One thing I can definitely say is this amp has a lot of gain. with my bridge pickup (12.0k), it is more gain than I would use playing the stuff I'm into, but it's fun to crank it at home. (Hard rock, blues, country are what i play)

I don't have any pedals to run through it. My rig is really stripped down after not having an amp or guitar for years

Comment

Will be putting up a Demo/Review in the next couple of days on my YouTube channel. I'll link to it once it goes up.

I'm the same with reverb. I use a very little bit and don't do those spacey reverb delay sounds. It sounds good to me.

Truthfully, I've been having so much fun with it, I haven't plugged any pedals into it, yet. I do my demos dry with a just a little reverb from the amp, but will eventually get on the ball and try out the effects loop.

This amp sounds soooooo good!

Comment

Will be putting up a Demo/Review in the next couple of days on my YouTube channel. I'll link to it once it goes up.

I'm the same with reverb. I use a very little bit and don't do those spacey reverb delay sounds. It sounds good to me.

Truthfully, I've been having so much fun with it, I haven't plugged any pedals into it, yet. I do my demos dry with a just a little reverb from the amp, but will eventually get on the ball and try out the effects loop.

This amp sounds soooooo good!

I'm trying not to exaggerate my first few days with the amp, BUT this 30r + epiphone LP is the best tone I've ever had in my life.

Comment

Comment

Highly enlightening demo! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X