banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The right speaker for digtal/ digital modelling amps..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The right speaker for digtal/ digital modelling amps..

I just got two 10 inch "Modeling Guitar/Bass Speakers" measuring 6.7 ohms each and labeled as 30 watts
    In a store closing deal

I think they are Peavey replacement/repair surplus

I'm gonna make me a two by ten cabinet
    Or sell the OP one if he asks nicely
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I’m thinking I’d rather have a guitar cab and good guitar speaker over a powered monitor.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I don't mind powered monitors. If you mic up your amp and it is coming through the monitor, then you are using one, anyway. I eventually got tired of carrying a powered monitor, too. I then went to in ear monitors, with no amp, so I can hear a better mix and the stage volume doesn't get too intense.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Meh. For some reason or the other I’m starting to lean toward a good powerful PA (like my Alto) with either an Axe-Fx III or a Kemper in my next financial life (which hopefully is not too far away now again). Getting a bit tired of the hassle of amp. micing. and all that goes with it and not to mention “neighbor consideration”. My CODE amps., even although they are indeed modelling amps., only sound good cranked and micd. A bit odd coming from me now after all this time and money and effort spent getting “my” tone with my amps. Especially odd because I was even thinking along the lines of those new Marshall Studio jobbies (JCM800 of course) maybe sometime. But when I look at the trouble I go to with multiple amps. and what not to get a nice big stereo sound??? Hmmmnnn... Fun to play with and tweak and what not. But it’s cost me precious practice and playing time. And as the dude says in one of the videos above which is a good point: once things are dialed in on something like an Axe-Fx or Kemper then your sound is your sound and stays constant. With the way I do things now: slight variations in mic. placement and amp. volume etc. etc. etc. have me tweaking all over again. I may have to relocate shortly and I already know it’s gonna take me a month of Sunday’s to dial in “my” tone with my amps. again. And only then to maybe find out that my new neighbors are more full of sh*t than the current ones!!! LOL!!! And sadly: I don’t see my getting gigs in this country that will warrant multiple valve amps. etc. cranked. Dio/Campbell not exactly in the Top 20 at the moment!!! LOL!!!

But and after ALL of the above inane personal reflection and musing: it’ll all change once those Marshall Studio jobbies arrive on the floor of a dealer near me (if they haven’t already i.e. been too scared to check)!!! LOL!!! I know me too well!!! LOL!!!

Comment

I would strongly suggest the Eminence WheelHouse

WheelHouse speakers deliver warm, smooth tone throughout the entire spectrum, allowing you to utilize your amp controls to shape your sound.

Comment

There are really two issues at play here.

If you have a modeler and want to take advantage of the internal IRs within the modeler, your only real option is an FRFR solution with a Power Amp. I used an Axe Fx for years through a XiTone 1x12 Active Wedge which was incredible. Crystal clean, flat response and LOUD. No tone coloration at all.

That being said, if you have a modeler that you can turn off the Cab Sims/IRs, then you can use any guitar cab you want, but will need a Power Amp, as well. Some people prefer to use a real guitar Cab, but I found it much more useful to an FRFR and take advantage of the thousands of IR possibilities out there.

Comment

read my post on Roland speaker

Comment

read my post on roland...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Guy View Post
                    There are really two issues at play here.

If you have a modeler and want to take advantage of the internal IRs within the modeler, your only real option is an FRFR solution with a Power Amp. I used an Axe Fx for years through a XiTone 1x12 Active Wedge which was incredible. Crystal clean, flat response and LOUD. No tone coloration at all.

That being said, if you have a modeler that you can turn off the Cab Sims/IRs, then you can use any guitar cab you want, but will need a Power Amp, as well. Some people prefer to use a real guitar Cab, but I found it much more useful to an FRFR and take advantage of the thousands of IR possibilities out there.
                    Yeh. Kinda the way I'm leaning now as per my post above. Feel a lot more comfortable too now that Celestion is producing their own IRs (and who, by the way, seem to be "in bed" with or are, at very least, punting the BIAS stuff now as a result).

The Kemper comes in two flavors i.e. with or without power amp. so there's that.

Comment

Working...
                    X