Bogner 25W Ecstasy Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner 25W Ecstasy Head

These things have made a few appearances on Instagram and such... nothing on Bogner's official site yet. Apparently they're shipping this week.

Who's interested? I might look into these. My next amp was gonna be the 25W Boogie Rectoverb but I might check these out before making a decision.

Re: Bogner 25W Ecstasy Head

Wait until it comes in the convinient digital version with more bell and whitles....all with a hologram of a friggin' German dancing in green shorts while yoodeling!

Comment

WW is a couple of miles up the road from where I work, but no, I cannot afford so I should not try! Actually, there if very little in that store I can afford so I rarely go by there.

Comment

Holy crapola...I was shocked at the price!

Bill
        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
          Holy crapola...I was shocked at the price!

Bill
          Soldano Hot Rod 25s are like $3K, so I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by the price of these. Bogners aren't my thing, so not really interested.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I had an Ecstasy 101b about 10 years ago. I loved the cleans, Plexi mode, and especially the Blue mode, but i could never really get behind the red mode. I could never really get the mids to sit where I wanted them.

That said, I'm willing to give this version a shot, as I really don't want/need another 100w head but I like the way the modes on this one are set up and I have an affinity for EL84 powered amps.

Comment

I wonder if it really cops the tone of the Ecstasy, seeing as how it is running EL84s?? I used to think the Ecstasy was my dream amp, but I really think that the Friedman Brown Eye is the one Id get if I could.

Sadly, I havent played either..
              Last edited by BloodRose; 03-02-2019, 04:24 AM.
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                I had an Ecstasy 101b about 10 years ago. I loved the cleans, Plexi mode, and especially the Blue mode, but i could never really get behind the red mode. I could never really get the mids to sit where I wanted them.

That said, I'm willing to give this version a shot, as I really don't want/need another 100w head but I like the way the modes on this one are set up and I have an affinity for EL84 powered amps.
                I had pretty much the same reaction; loved the green and blue channels, but not the red. The Blue Channel especially is great; like the best JCM800 you've ever heard at a volume that won't destroy a building. In my case I found the feel of the red channel to be too compressed and squishy while the low mids were maybe a little too loose. I wasn't really into the Plexi thing at the time, so I didn't use that mode much.

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                I wonder if it really cops the tone of the Ecstasy, seeing as how it is running EL84s?? I used to think the Ecstasy was my dream amp, but I really think that the Friedman Brown Eye is the one Id get if I could.

The tone of the Ecstasy is dominated pretty heavily by the preamp, as is the case with most high gain amps. Plexi mode may be an exception, but I never used it enough to say for sure.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post

The Mesa Rectoverb 25W head (which I also like very much) also runs an EL84 duet. It's not going to get the massive chunk, low end punch and headroom of a 120-100W mid 90s Dual Rec but it does a great job at copping that vibe in a much more controllable package. It's different, but it's got that vibe and it's fun. Hopefully Bogner did the same.

I've owned the Ecstasy and I've played many Friedmans but not owned one. The BE100 and BE50 are what I thought the Ecstasy was going to be like.

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                  I had pretty much the same reaction; loved the green and blue channels, but not the red. The Blue Channel especially is great; like the best JCM800 you've ever heard at a volume that won't destroy a building. In my case I found the feel of the red channel to be too compressed and squishy while the low mids were maybe a little too loose. I wasn't really into the Plexi thing at the time, so I didn't use that mode much.

The tone of the Ecstasy is dominated pretty heavily by the preamp, as is the case with most high gain amps. Plexi mode may be an exception, but I never used it enough to say for sure.
                  That pretty much sums up my experience as well.

Plexi mode was cool but you had to dial the amp up differently to really make the most of that mode. You had to 'play' the rig differently. I'd set it up for a killer sound on the Blue mode and then I'd have to reset all my controls for Plexi mode, and vice versa.
                  Last edited by B2D; 03-03-2019, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                    The Mesa Rectoverb 25W head (which I also like very much) also runs an EL84 duet. It's not going to get the massive chunk, low end punch and headroom of a 120-100W mid 90s Dual Rec but it does a great job at copping that vibe in a much more controllable package. It's different, but it's got that vibe and it's fun. Hopefully Bogner did the same.

I've owned the Ecstasy and I've played many Friedmans but not owned one. The BE100 and BE50 are what I thought the Ec

That pretty much sums up my experience as well.

Plexi mode was cool but you had to dial the amp up differently to really make the most of that mode. You had to 'play' the rig differently. I'd set it up for a killer sound on the Blue mode and then I'd have to reset all my controls for Plexi mode, and vice versa.

Im thinking you got cut off bro... you said you thought what the ec......??
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Fixed.

Comment

Working...
                      X