Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Special Design (Eminence) Speaker PN 025923 vs Jensen C12N

Hi guys,

A humble comparison of 2 speakers in the same open cab with the same guitar and pickups and amp.

1. Fender Special Design (Eminence) Speaker p/n 025923 (from a 1980's Fender M80 amp)
    2. Jensen C12N.

Both 8 Ohm and both recorded in the same cab at high vols using Zoom Q2N and a Fender 5E7 clone with TungSol 5881 power tubes. Zoom Q2N is in the "concert" mode, that is it is doing automatic audio leveling. Naturally, both speakers are recorded with the same guitar (PRS McCarty) with the bridge position (Duncan Brobucker TB).

Tonewise, these speakers kinda sound similar. Jensen C12N is much louder (and heavier in terms of physical weight) and has a tone more emphasized on uppermids. It has more bass. Both of them sound boxy (which I did not like) while Jensen is a bit more open but still has a compressed uppermid sound to it. I think Fender speaker is not bad at all, and in fact I thought it was the better match for this amp and cab and guitar.

Hope this helps someone some time...

Best,

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Re: Fender Special Design (Eminence) Speaker PN 025923 vs Jensen C12N

The same amp but this time with a Celestion G12H30 in a Blues Jr. I've liked this way more.

The guitar is a strat... I'll do one at high vols (no attenuators) and a guitar with HB's...

B

Comment

Re: Fender Special Design (Eminence) Speaker PN 025923 vs Jensen C12N

And here is this 5E7 of mine this time with a Brobucker in the bridge of my blue McCarty... with a Celestion G12H30 in the cab of my Blues Jr. I have to confess that I am liking this G12H30 of mine way more than that new Jensen C12N and old Fender sp. design Eminence...

B
      Last edited by dr.barlo; 03-08-2019, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X