Comparison vid PRS MT15 vs Marshall Studio Classic vs Orange Brent Hinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison vid PRS MT15 vs Marshall Studio Classic vs Orange Brent Hinds

Since I cant actually play these, this vid does a good job comparing them. (dirty only though) So many guys make vids and run all kind of effects and such. I found this helpful and though maybe someone else may too.

Orange Brent Hinds Terror vs PRS Mark Tremonti MT15 vs Marshall Studio Classic (in the mix) - a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Classic and 2015 Gibson Non Reverse Fire...

Which do you like? I really prefer the Marshall. Tho the Orange surprised me..
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Comparison vid PRS MT15 vs Marshall Studio Classic vs Orange Brent Hinds

In my opinion, he had the PRS dialed in all wrong. The amp sounds much better than what he did with it.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

I thought it sounded good, but just kind of weak. Yeah, def coulda been the settings. I expected more from it , esp with the 6l6 tubes.
      You tried one?
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
        I thought it sounded good, but just kind of weak. Yeah, def coulda been the settings. I expected more from it , esp with the 6l6 tubes.
        You tried one?
        Yes I've owned one since July 2018. The sound he got out of it is by far the worst representation of the MT15 I've heard yet.
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
          Yes I've owned one since July 2018. The sound he got out of it is by far the worst representation of the MT15 I've heard yet.
          Same here just weak and lackluster the way he had it set. Not even close to what I was getting in the local shop with that amp on the MT15!!
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

The Orange flubbed out badly on palm mutes, typical Orange. I don't get the MT15 hate here, it did the Recto thing fairly well, good lower-mid heft. The Marshall had the best cut and the least saturation, although it's odd that he had the gain knob less than all the way up given that, judging from the other two amps, he wanted more gain and saturation.

Comment

I've heard that PRS sound a lot better ..never heard/played one in person though. Otherwise, nice comprehensive demo. The Orange was pretty good & so was the Marshall..
              "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I have very similar tastes to Ascension, and I know you/he was very impressed with the MT15. I was suprised it sounded so bland in this vid, so I figured it is a settings thing. Just Like Mesas. They are legendary amps, with LOTS of supporters. The couple Ive played were NOT impressive.... BUT....... Ive also heard you have to spend alittle time to dial them in, and I didnt have that luxury.

Since Im an 80s metal fan boy, I still want a JCM800, so the small one would be cool for me. I surely dont need one, but want one.. I love the tone, but mostly just the nostalgia of the JCM800. seeing all those stacks when I used to go to concerts..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I love my MT 15. It’s crazy loud, on gain channel with master barely at 10 o’clock it tears your head off. I play it through a 212 closed back vertical cab with Celestion 75’s. Gain 12 o’clock, treble 1 o’clock, mids 10 to 11 o’clock, Bass 10 o’clock, master presence 1 o’clock. I found it a little finicky with certain guitars and pickups. Definitely likes higher output IMO. Yes, dark and lots of low mids. Check out the review that Andertons in UK did. It’s about 25 min long and they did a great job showcasing the tones.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                    I have very similar tastes to Ascension, and I know you/he was very impressed with the MT15. I was suprised it sounded so bland in this vid, so I figured it is a settings thing. Just Like Mesas. They are legendary amps, with LOTS of supporters. The couple Ive played were NOT impressive.... BUT....... Ive also heard you have to spend alittle time to dial them in, and I didnt have that luxury.

Since Im an 80s metal fan boy, I still want a JCM800, so the small one would be cool for me. I surely dont need one, but want one.. I love the tone, but mostly just the nostalgia of the JCM800. seeing all those stacks when I used to go to concerts..
                    The thing in particular I was surprised by with the MT 15 was how responsive and dynamic it was. Really cleaned up well with the guitar volume control and touch. I ran it head to head with a 5150 50 watt EL 34 amp, the Marshall Origin, and the 20 watt JCM 800. I liked the JCM 800 a lot but it had no clean channel + was twice the $ . The tones were different the MT 15 more compressed and smooth with a much bigger fatter tone which is more what I need. The MT 15 also has a fantastic clean channel. It feels more like a really good more expressive Boogie Rec than a Marshall so it was a little apples to oranges. What surprised me though was the supposedly 15 watt MT 15 was as loud on the same cab as the 50 watt 5150 or at the least sure seemed to be.
                    Guitars
                    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by t1r12003 View Post
                      I love my MT 15. It’s crazy loud, on gain channel with master barely at 10 o’clock it tears your head off. I play it through a 212 closed back vertical cab with Celestion 75’s. Gain 12 o’clock, treble 1 o’clock, mids 10 to 11 o’clock, Bass 10 o’clock, master presence 1 o’clock. I found it a little finicky with certain guitars and pickups. Definitely likes higher output IMO. Yes, dark and lots of low mids. Check out the review that Andertons in UK did. It’s about 25 min long and they did a great job showcasing the tones.
                      I see the same thing with my MT15 on the guitars and pickups. Absolutely HATED the Dimarzio set in my ST 300 way to dark compressed and loose sounding with them.
                      Great tones with the Alt8, Perpetual Burn and the Hybrid though.
                      Guitars

Comment

Working...
                      X