banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got that old Carvin Hot Rod Mod head dialed in LOVE THIS AMP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got that old Carvin Hot Rod Mod head dialed in LOVE THIS AMP!!

Went through it rolled some tubes in and out and just tweaked her in a couple weeks ago. Chassis is dated early 1991 and was super clean inside so has been very well maintained. Got it dialed in at practice last week and ran it last Sunday at Church for the first time with the full band. Still can not believe my luck in finding this amp probably less that 100 were built. Running a little delay and verb in the loop here rest is all amp running no dirt and am micing a 1/12 in the back playing the 93 KOA DC 127 with the Sentient and Hybrid. This thing is just super responsive and touch sensitive and IMO one of the best sounding amps bar none I have ever played through!! Hot rod Mod on here running around 2 on the gain at full power. Roll this thing up around 5 or so on the gain and about that on the master and it will give a good SLO a real run what an absolute KILLER this old rig is!! SO sweet and singing on the crunch tones and man does it ever have a nice clean!!
    Last edited by Ascension; 03-05-2019, 02:25 AM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Re: Finally got that old Carvin Hot Rod Mod head dialed in LOVE THIS AMP!!

Is that one of X 100's?
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Re: Finally got that old Carvin Hot Rod Mod head dialed in LOVE THIS AMP!!

One year only 1991 El 34 powered X50B with the factory Hot Rod Mod. Really good sounding amp that has a pretty unique feel and sound. At higher gains it's a real face melter but here while I'm running the Hot Rod gain is only at around 2. Very dynamic and expressive amp running her like that. Had a 91 EL 34 powered X100B years ago but this 50 just sounds better for what ever reason.
      This clip may be better to show the amp tones from Sunday. Running a delay and Digital Verb in the loop no other effects.
      Last edited by Ascension; 03-05-2019, 11:02 PM.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
      X