Storing cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Storing cables?

Over-under looped and packed gently into a small road case. That's how it's always been for me. Some cables I use for recording only. I never hang them, I just lay them on the top of the outboard studio gear rack or put in a drawer of mics and XLR cables.
    Wackor
    Ørdøg
    NecroPolo
    Diabolus in Musica
    SIDrip Alliance
    Book of Shadows
    RKH

Comment

Comment

Anybody ever seen the thesis a guy mathematician did on why your cables no matter how hard you try will always get tangled?

I'll see if I can find it -it's pretty funny

Entropy wins eventually.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
          Anybody ever seen the thesis a guy mathematician did on why your cables no matter how hard you try will always get tangled?

I'll see if I can find it -it's pretty funny

Entropy wins eventually.
          It may win
          But atrophy fades
          Apathy dont care
          Empathy is concerned
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I only keep cables I’m using and they only get coiled during transport to gigs or studio. I do loose over/under for that and use Velcro ties just firm enough to hold. The only cables that really get stored are the power cables for amps I’m not using at the moment. Those I coil back just like the factory had them using the tie that came with them. Never had a problem in thirty years.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              got me some binder clips.. Problems are all solved!! Thank you! great advice!! lol
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I am amateur but I put my pedal board (it is not too big) and cables all in a single hand luggage (you know those with a handle and wheels for flights). Cables are stored with Velcro and are tied using some forward-backwards twist technique to avoid them to twist and damage with time. The real trick is to know when too much is too much, you can keep lots of cables "just in case" but some times you end up with too many backup cables.
                Who took my guitar?

Comment

Ive always run a pretty lean ship. (aside from too many guitars) these new ones are "extra". Some of my old ones are shorting out, so wanted to get some spares.
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                  X