vox ac15 or fender twin 22amp. tube.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vox ac15 or fender twin 22amp. tube.

Just completed restoration of my 1963 framus strato. 23 years ago, a butcher who called himself a lutheirer, lost 2 pickups, therefore I have had to use reissue M.E.C. it's so long since I played or heard it ,I can't remember how it sounded. This brings me to my question on amps, my take is get a tube amp. I have 2 in mind,1/ VOX A.C 15 . 2/ FENDER TWIN 22 AMP. I like the Vox, there are 2 models AC1 &AC 2 the 2 speaker greenback model seems good. anyone who plays/owns a reissue strato deluxe, love to hear your thoughts. although the guitar is genuine 1963, the pickups, pots, are M.E.C. reissue. It is basically a 63, with 2013 electrics. which gives a better Framus sound? VOX or Fender. solid state is out, home use only.

Re: vox ac15 or fender twin 22amp. tube.

Do you mean a Fender Deluxe? I have never heard of a Twin 22. Twins are 85, 100 or 135 watts depending on the style and year.

Comment

I think you are referring to a Deluxe or a Vibraverb etc.

Fender Deluxe is probably the most versatile amp ever made -especially the 1968 Deluxe reissue Silverface -as it has the Bassman channel and the other Deluxe channel (4 voicings total). If you are recording -it's a must to have amp in the studio.

but the VOX AC15 does it's dirty british chimey thing so well, if you love that, then who cares about versatility. One trick pony that sounds great.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

They're both nice sounds, but my personal preference is to the Fender Deluxe. Big, luscious cleans and nice OD when really pushed loud.

The Vox has a really nice gainy mid-rangey OD thing going on at much lower volumes, and gets into some lvoely lead sounds when pushed hard.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

yes, you may be right on the fender, I didn't look at it enough, I do know it was 22 amp, the salesman was pushing the vox.If I do go with vox, I would probably go the twin, thoughts welcome/

Comment

The other Fender you may be referring to is the Supersonic 22. I have one of these and consider it a great 2 channel switching amp. It's clean channel is very much like the Deluxe Reverb Reissue, but has added features that I prefer over the DRRI. I love the Vox sound as well, but the two are quite different....it's a matter of taste. You should 'test drive' both to make your choice.

Comment

Cant go wrong with an ac15c1 with a greenback
              Anything you plug into it sounds great
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Going in to test drive, my 335 Hondo copy needs a set up & restring,(good excuse) heard all Vox are all made in china, (what is'nt) the other contender is a Marshall, 20 watt, but only a 10 inch speaker. someone please tell me fender is still made in U.S.? but has Marshall joined the made in china? Reliability the next question.Any hints at value of the Hondo,Japanese made,very good condition, sunburst, grover tuners, has the Di Marzio p/ups.I have owned it for 25 years, paid $400 Aud..Been using a little Kustom on the Hondo, has a great acoustic sound, Not the real thing, but will do this ol guy.

Comment

Thanks Chicken Wings, always a Vox fan. will give it a thrashing at the shop.

Comment

Working...
                  X