Unknown Ghost amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Ghost amp.

I need help! In a trade I acquired an old Fender amp but cannot identify it. It has the dimensions of a Twin Reverb, 2 12" spkrs side by side (not OEM). It is a Blackface, however, there is no model name i.e. Twin, Deluxe etc. with no Fender Musical Instruments under it where it should be. Very close inspection revealed that nothing has ever been there. Not a sign of removal or tampering. It has no Master Volume. The logo is metal with a tail and 3 screws. It does not have any metal legs on the side. There are no screw holes so nothing has ever been there. It has hardware on the bottom for inserting wheels. The back says "Fender Musical Instruments CBS Musical Instruments Fullerton Cal. It has 4 power tubes and 6 preamp tubes. It says it is 100 watts RMS. It has the old female AC plug with 3 way ground switch and On & off with Standby. The chassis serial # is A 44901 but that corresponds to a 1972 Vibrosonic and that was a silverface. The tube chart gives no information except Fender Musical Instruments across the top and location & type of tubes. What is and when was this amp made. I've never seen anything like it. It will rattle your windows!

Re: Unknown Ghost amp.

welcome to the forum!

there was no old blackface 100w amps. twin reverbs were 85w back in the day. can you take a gut shot of the chassis? pics might help. part #'s off the trannys might too

Comment

Working...
    X