Tone king imperial mk2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone king imperial mk2

Does anybody have experience with this amp? How much clean headroom does it have?

Re: Tone king imperial mk2

a decent amount for a 20w amp on the rhythm channel

Comment

What do you think, maybe 12 watts max?

Comment

i think its a 20w amp so not sure what you are asking... the speaker determines how loud the amp is as much as anything

Comment

That amp has an attenuator built into it.. so it can have as little headroom as you like. As far as ENOUGH headroom, unattenuated I'd imagine 20w with this type of amp would just barely be enough to stay clean matching the decibel level of a drummer

Comment

I recently played one and really liked it. After doing some research on line it seems the sky king which is 35 watts is more what ide be after. I'm thinking most amps clean will start to break up around mid wattage level. I would probably use the pentode mode the most and it's more dynamic making the amp break up faster then the other mode would. That's why I wondered about the wattage level of clean headroom before it would get dirty.
            The Sky King has 35 instead of 20 watts so I've got enough clean headroom to squeeze out 15 to 20 watts of clean head room and that should get me over the top of most drummers and.still be able to play clean with a clean or dirty lead tone available since each channel is independently attenuated on it's own. Very cool amp design it just takes a minute to figure out what you need and that determines which model from there

Comment

a 20w amp with a cannabis rex speaker is just as loud as a 50w amp with a g12m-65. speaker efficiency makes a huge difference in volume. in theory the wattage rating of an amp is "clean" power

Comment

That's a good point. The canibus rex is a great speaker and it really boosts tone. It would be a nice fit for the Tone King imperial mk2.

Comment

Working...
                X