Portable Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Amp

I'm looking for something small to play in my apartment and keep the noise down. I don't need anything crazy as far as effects go as I'll be using this just for practicing in my apartment. I was thinking of the Roland Micro Cube X. Has anyone tried this one out?

I found this resource that seems good as well: https://keyboardkraze.com/best-porta...e-travel-amps/

Thanks!

Re: Portable Amp

Roland Cubes are my favorite portable solid state choice.

Played a Loud Technologies Acoustic Amp this weekend -it was terrible -they are going to run the the legend of the Acoustic Brand into the ground.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I recommend the Blackstar FLY3. It's a got a clean tone and can accommodate an extension speaker if needed. I bought it last year after reading about it at a few places. I'm more than happy with it so far.

Comment

The Roland Micro Cube X is a great amp. They pack a punch for a small package and are feature full. I think you will be happy with it.

Comment

Get a Mooer Hornet. $140 bucks and it sounds amazing. 15W with 9 amp models and some useful effects.

Comment

I used to have a Roland Micro-Cube but I bought a Boss Katana 50w last year. It's not as small as the Micro-Cube but it's small and lightweight at 20lbs. In the 0.5w mode, it's about the same loudness as the Micro-Cube. I would use it in an apartment no problem. But the sound is soooooooo much better than the Micro-Cube. Coming with built-in effects and presets (missing on the Micro-Cube). If you want something smaller, the Boss Katana Head has a 5" built-in speaker and the same 0.5w mode.

Comment

micro cube for sure
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

My favorite is the Vox Rhythm 5, sounds great, it does have a few extras. But if you like a small amp that sounds great, is small that runs on power or batteries as well, is the Blackstar Fly 3. By the way don't let the size fool you.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00074.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	5813496Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00072.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	5813497
                If learning isn't difficult at times you're not learning.

RocknRoll will never die ( I wont let it! )

Comment

I own a roland street cube. For what it is, a small, battery powered amp, it’s pretty freak amazing. Has a lot of gain on tap for humbuckers, but if you’re playing singlecoils, you’ll prob want a boost infront of it.

Comment

I came to recommend a 30w tube amp because I'm that kind of dork x.x

I use an Orange Micro Dark head as a headphone amp sometimes. Sounds okay that way or recording direct, and also functions through a 4x12 as a gig amp.
                    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I am currently rocking a Micro Cube in the bedroom. Excellent because small, flexible, simple. I also have a Cube 30. But the Blackstar and Vox recommended are also excellent. And - as always, Yamaha TDR and Boss Katana are fantastic, if a little pricier....
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                      X