Bought EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head

Hello everyone, after much research and watching videos on different multi channel tube heads, I just bought a new EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head. My main amp was my Mesa Tremoverb head until now. The EVH is the new one with the concentric pots. Any other owners or users that came from Mesa/boogie?
    Charvel Model-5fx EMG 85/SA
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Korean SD JB/Jazz
    Custom Made Ernie Ball Musicman Copy Dimarzio Super Distortion's
    2019 EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head 6L6
    1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head
    Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back
    Marshall 1960A 4x12 (2 Celestion G12T-75's and 2 WGS Retro 30's X patterned
    Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

Re: Bought EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head

I tried one of those evh amps in a store a long time ago. I LOVED it.

Comment

I love my 5153 50 watt. I still have my Dual Rec Multi-watt. I do enjoy them both.

Congrats on the new amp!

Comment

I switched from my EVH 5150 III 50 watt to a Mesa Mark V. Loved the EVH, but it was a little too compressed, and I wanted the versatility the Mark V offered.

Subsequently, I bought the 5150 III overdrive to play through the clean channel of my Mesa, and it sounds even better than my EVH 50 watt did.

I would’ve kept the 50 watt if it had the concentric controls at the time

Comment

I have one and love it, a few years now. I think about adding a Mesa though, the EVH doesn't give me a warm clean touch for my strats, but I play mostly high gain stuff, maybe the 100 watt sometime.
          Amps: EVH 5150 iii & old Laney cabs with Celestion Heritage Greenbacks. Guitars: 2014 Jackson USA RR1, 2010 Gibson Les Paul Custom, 1986 Charvel San Dimas, Warmoth Lefty Strats w/ Callaham bridge. Pedals: Strymon, Dunlop/MXR, ISP...

Comment

Working...
          X