X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera T5

Bugera T5

Does this thing really work?

Hard to believe 1 pre-amp tube, and 1 power tube would give me that Fat tube sound.
    BUT, I could be wrong. Obviously the price point is the biggest selling feature.
    Last edited by pontoo12; 04-09-2019, 12:21 PM. Reason: user error

Re: Bugera T5

I’m not sure about the Bugera but you can definitely get nice fat tube tone with just a single preamp tube & a single power tube. They’re called Class A Single Ended amplifiers & usually run at about 5W’s...

If you’d ever played through a real Tweed Champ, Princeton, or some kind of quality clone it’s definitely something special!!! However there’s a reason that these reasonably simple designs cost what they do, even the a decent clone is going to run you $600-$700 at the low end but personally I think it’s worth it to spend the extra cash & get something good?

The Bugera is gonna have a S.S. rectifier & there’s nothing wrong with that, some of my favorite modern valve amps have S.S. rectifiers, but it is going to make the amp more responsive & you won’t get the “tube sag” or “thickness” that you’d get from a old Fender, Gretsch, or Gibson single ended class A amps that would normally come equipped with a 5U4 rectifier tube....

However on the plus side the Bugera is inexpensive & probably has a far better chance of not blowing up or catching fire???
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

5u4? most ive seen have a 5y3

Comment

Not sure about the T5
        But my G5 sounds good and toobey

When I was researching my purchase, I went with the G5 over the T5
        Because of the emulated headphone/line out and the effects loop
        Also the G5 has two channels and a morph knob to change the EQ tone structure

I just found the G5 more versatile

I like the appearance better of the cage style head

That's me.

I think it will have no problem doing what you want it to
        Last edited by ehdwuld; 04-09-2019, 05:00 PM.
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Yep. I also have the G5 Infinium. It’s worth
          the few extra bucks for the reasons Ed mentioned.
          I’ve had mine for a few years now and haven’t
          had any trouble at all with it. Good little amp.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            5u4? most ive seen have a 5y3

Yes, a 5Y3 would be a lot more common in F51 Champ’s & the like. I’m working on a Bassman clone so I think I just had 5U4 on the brain? That said a 5U4 in a 5F2-A Princeton circuit wouldn’t be that unheard of....
            Last edited by Nostalgic Distortion; 04-10-2019, 03:17 AM.
            I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Working...
            X