• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dystrust
    replied
    Re: I got a new amp today. Take 2 !

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
    Issue#2. When I switch it to the lead channel, it immediately switches, but I can hear the volume swell up to where it's supposed to be over a short period of let's say 2 seconds. Is that normal? It's like it starts off a few decibels low... I rebiased the "new" Mullard tubes, they we're reading 104 and 84.... So now they're both at 93. Didn't help much if it did

Issue #3. This dang footswitch. When I turn amp on, it's on clean. But before I switch to any other channel, I have to click the clean button again.... Then i can click to the next channel.
    If I click back to clean, then I can't switch to another channel again until I click the clean button again...
    It is 100% repeatable.
    I took the thing apart, someone has been into it, resoldered clean switch....
    After putting it back together, it works normally 2 times in 10.... Looked at getting a replacement and those ****ers want 130 bucks! For a footswitch! Ugh.....
    Switch Doctor makes replacement switches with two, three, or four buttons depending on whether you only want to switch the channels or if you want to switch the loop and reverb too. The basic two button is $79, while the four button is $99. I've bought switches from him before and the work is top notch in addition to the customer service.

Leave a comment:

• Little Pigbacon
    Guest replied

I hear you. I never would’ve had a TSL100 or a JVM if it weren’t for killer deals on used ones.

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Well it sounds thick as ****!
    Trying to record something tonight, working on getting a decent recorded tone right now.

I'd love to buy new ha ha but if it's not clearly marked way down into my price range, I don't get to buy it. It Sucks being poor. I search and search and search until I get decent quality stuff at middle of the road prices.... thus ... Part of my problem.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied

Ok here's what I have learned over the years

Buy new
    With a warranty

People dont sell great amps or cars because they're great
    They sell cuz the fkd up

Leave a comment:

• DankStar
    replied

I may never buy another used amp again. Just going to wait at the end of a production line with a catcher's mitt.

Leave a comment:

• Little Pigbacon
    Guest replied

This is the seamy, dark, back-alley side of owning a JCM 2000.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

That sucks.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Demanic; 04-20-2019, 03:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Seriously.... Do I just buy broken amps?.... Is there a cosmic force working against me?
    Do the bad Marshalls all end up in my garage?

So many issues with amps lately...I'm turning into a tech over here!

The Reverb doesn't work! I Messaged the guy I bought it from, he claims it worked just fine before he shipped it.....

Had to take it apart... At least I found the issue.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190420_091806448.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	5813709
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190420_091733258_HDR~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	5813708

Issue#2. When I switch it to the lead channel, it immediately switches, but I can hear the volume swell up to where it's supposed to be over a short period of let's say 2 seconds. Is that normal? It's like it starts off a few decibels low... I rebiased the "new" Mullard tubes, they we're reading 104 and 84.... So now they're both at 93. Didn't help much if it did

Issue #3. This dang footswitch. When I turn amp on, it's on clean. But before I switch to any other channel, I have to click the clean button again.... Then i can click to the next channel.
    If I click back to clean, then I can't switch to another channel again until I click the clean button again...
    It is 100% repeatable.
    I took the thing apart, someone has been into it, resoldered clean switch....
    After putting it back together, it works normally 2 times in 10.... Looked at getting a replacement and those ****ers want 130 bucks! For a footswitch! Ugh.....
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 04-20-2019, 11:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

I noticed there was a bit of hiss... So I removed my whole board. The hiss went away. It's pretty quiet now.

This amp gets some pretty good tones so far, it's not nearly as loud as I was expecting, the mode 4 blows it away in that Dept. (When it runs right?)
    I'm going to have to find a decent OD pedal now and give that a shot.
    I love tinkering with it so far.
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 04-20-2019, 12:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

Definitely sounds like a Marshall.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Here's a little.

I Recorded it with my phone, but, you get the general tone.

no OD or effects or anything.
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 04-19-2019, 09:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

That should rock a little...

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied

A Marshall and a Gibson

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal