Re: I got a new amp today. Take 2 !

Glad you got it straightened out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Ha ha that's awesome!

I traded a buddy a brand new crate amp for this old Peavey back... I'm sure that crate still works prefect ha ha I only sell off the good ones apparently ha ha ha

That Randall is stupid loud too! Glad to hear it's still being used.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

Well, that's a relief.
    Now I can say that the Randall I got from you a while back is still going strong.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Yep, It's loud as **** now !

Where's my evil grin emoji thing....

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Well I feel like an idiot.... Guess I should learn what all the buttons do before I play it...

Leave a comment:

• FuseG4
    replied

The tsl had a button for virtual power reduction they called it.
    It is like a fixed value volume reduction between the phase inverter and power tubes so you can drive the front harder at lower volumes

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

What is VPR?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Oh crap! Probably!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

You don’t have the VPR on, do you?

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Ya it's really minor problems now, the thing works and actually sounds really good.
    I really like it.

I also like digging into things and learning more about em.
    My only real gripe about the amp is that it's not very loud, I played it in 6-7 all night. It doesn't hurt you like some of my other amps ha ha.

Leave a comment:

• FuseG4
    replied

I remember when I had the DSL50 and there was a noticeable sound gap when switching channels but if it's doing a volume fade in thing I think The switching mechanism needs to be looked at.
    Others in the interwebz have had this problem it seems.
    Also,
    With these sometimes it's easier to use each "channel" as a separate amp and never really switch during a song... roll back volume for "cleans" and use boosts for more dirt. You can get a ton out of it this way.
    I like the sounds you are getting with the amp.
    It is always frustrating when you're low on funds and you finally can afford a used version of what you want and you get kinda burned with tube amp problems.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

The switches click, I'm thinking that the switch is junky and only half clicking or something.
    But if I click it 3 times I can't go to the other channels.... So it has to be 2 or 4 clicks to allow me to switch channels ha ha

Last edited by 80's_Metal; 04-21-2019, 08:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Adieu
    replied

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
    Seriously.... Do I just buy broken amps?.... Is there a cosmic force working against me?
    Do the bad Marshalls all end up in my garage?

So many issues with amps lately...I'm turning into a tech over here!

The Reverb doesn't work! I Messaged the guy I bought it from, he claims it worked just fine before he shipped it.....

Had to take it apart... At least I found the issue.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]97629[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]97628[/ATTACH]

Issue#2. When I switch it to the lead channel, it immediately switches, but I can hear the volume swell up to where it's supposed to be over a short period of let's say 2 seconds. Is that normal? It's like it starts off a few decibels low... I rebiased the "new" Mullard tubes, they we're reading 104 and 84.... So now they're both at 93. Didn't help much if it did

Issue #3. This dang footswitch. When I turn amp on, it's on clean. But before I switch to any other channel, I have to click the clean button again.... Then i can click to the next channel.
    If I click back to clean, then I can't switch to another channel again until I click the clean button again...
    It is 100% repeatable.
    I took the thing apart, someone has been into it, resoldered clean switch....
    After putting it back together, it works normally 2 times in 10.... Looked at getting a replacement and those ****ers want 130 bucks! For a footswitch! Ugh.....
    Recheck the bias later, when it's good and warmed up... some early years are prone to bias drift (there's a kit you can install to fix it, costs like $58)

Footswitch iirc usually just needs a replacement cord

Leave a comment:

• Ascension
    replied

Originally posted by skyydogg01 View Post
    It almost sounds like the footswitch on the clean channel is supposed to be a momentary and they installed a latching.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Was thinking the same thing as will cause that exact issue. Been a few years since I had the TSL 60 so can't remember if the switches clicked or not.

Leave a comment:

• skyydogg01
    replied

It almost sounds like the footswitch on the clean channel is supposed to be a momentary and they installed a latching.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X